Family of 4 in a cat 6A on Carnival Holiday

abbyndrewmom

We are a family of 4 (children 5 & 7) considering a cruise in March 2005. I am looking at a cat 6A cabin but am afraid with 4 of us there will be no room to move. Anyone else try this, how tight was it? obviously with the ages of our children a 2nd room is not really an option. I don't think Holiday has ajoining cabins. My sister is also considering coming at which point we would get a 2nd room and send my daughter over with her.

Allison

Hi Alison: welcome to the boards.

I have sailed with 5 to an inside cabin on the Sensation. It was our first cruise. my neice was 13 and my kids were older teens= 15, 17 and 19 (who all stood over 6 feet tall.)

For 4 of you-I would book a cabin that holds 4- by taking a gaurantee you can wind up in a cabin that sleeps 3 and youwill get a rollaway bed--which takes up too much room for me.

My sons also went to the gym to take showers. 6 shower heads in each stall.

A over the door shoe holder kept our cabin organized.

If your sister goes...let one of your kids book in the cabin with her--so she wont have to pay the single supplement. Which could get as hiugh as 200%.

We were not in the cabin that long except to sleep/and shower. but you have wee ones so that may make a difference for you.

AbbynDrewmom, This is our 4th cruise with kids who are now 6 and 10. Yes, the rooms are tiny BUT I have never had a problem with it. As long as your keep on top of clutter it's fine.

What makes the biggest difference is the room stewards keeps everything clean,neat and tidy. When you come back from breakfast the room is set up into more of a livingroom setting. When you come back from supper, the room has been turned into sleeping quarters and everything is cozy and

in its place again.

I'm bringing the shoe organizer, that is the talk of the cruise critic town, with us this year.

I also bring a pillowcase, which I pin to those pant/skirt hangers usually provided, to throw all our dirty clothes so that helps with clutter too.

All that said.....this is the only affordable way for us to travel, so we're content to deal with it.

Nope I've never had a rollaway bed before.

I've had a 5th bed on Celebrity Mellenium. It was a chair that unfolded into a bed. My daughter used that instead of bunk. It was a bit of a pain, especially if I needed to use washroom at night.

But, having someone else make and unmake the bed everyday made the difference for me.

Archived