ROLL CALL.....Lison-Barcelona-Monte Carlo

PittsburghJack

This thread has been resurected for the May 3rd cruise........ Lisbon - Barcelona and those continuing to Monte Carlo.

Looks like we're about 60 or so days out and I've received the cruise booklets with shore excursion information.

A few CCer's did respond to the first thread......bearsparents, ProperLady and jschutz. Just wondering if anyone else is going from the board. Seabourn has stated the cruise is sold out.

Mrs. Jack and I will be staying at the Lapa Palace in Lisbon pre-cruise and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a little get together the night before embarkation at the Rio Tejo lounge.

I do have some information in regard to taxi service in Lisbon as there have been a few reports of "extended trips". You can contact me at

nandayparrot@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to share.

Looks like a fine trip and we look forward to meeting other pax either before or onboard. :) Jack

Jack - just what is the Rio Tejo lounge. Tried to look it up in Trip Advisor but could not find anything on it. We will be in Lisbon for three nights prior to the cruise - but will not be cruising after Barcelona. We will be staying in Barcelona for 3 days - then on to Avignon then to Paris for 8 days. Hoping the Euro stays at least fairly stable between now and then.

John,

The Rio Tejo is the lounge in the Lapa Palace Hotel. If anyone's interested Mrs. Jack and I thought we could all meet for a drink and a chat beforehand.

I think, not sure, we're planning on dinner that evening at the Nariz Vinho.

In regard to the Euro.....................I hope you don't hold your hand on your behind as assurance as it might grow there:) . Jack

We are only on the first leg of the cruise, Lisbon to Barcelona. I know there is only one formal night. Will it be ok for my husband to wear a suit. He does not have a tux and I really am trying to limit the luggage space, well for my stuff, and I was hoping he did not need a suit and a tux. Any thoughts?

'Expletive-deleted to the other cruisers'. It's all there in black and white, tux or dark suit. And remember, just mix and match and you don't need a different outfit for each night; just mix and match a few outfits. You don't want to suffer a bad back from all the luggage and not enjoy the cruise. You will have a really delightful time with all the great ports.

And if Chef Ricky Franco is the CDC in the Veranda, do have some of his Asian cuisine, especially if you like curry. He's the best!

Archived