diving -not on a boat

tpride3

We dive when we take cruises but we want to go and stay some where and since we have had good luck getting great info about our questions though here,we thought someone might be able to help us out.We want really cheap and we don't have to have a fancy place.We are thinking about leaving in two weeks. Can anyone give me places to check.I called my local dive shop and he wants $6,000 for a family of three for a week in Bonaire.

Thanks for all the info.That sounds more like my price I can afford.Even if we can't get it for March 16-23 maybe we can do it when our daughter gets out of school. We knew diving was not cheap but we don't want to have to live on the streets when we get back lol Thanks again

As someone else said, airfare in 2 weeks might be a problem. Delta goes ns from Atlanta to Bonaire every Sat., 10am, Continental from Houston-late, late Fri, and from Newark--late, late Sat.

The Durgon is not fancy, comfy though from my point of view. A shore dive package with breakfast is about $400. for a week/ person. Google Black Durgon Inn Bonaire to find lots of info.

The place is on a very nice dive site, Small Wall. Jump in--you're there!!!

Your LDS is probably selling a package to Bonaire that includes boat dives every day. But there is no need to do boat dives in Bonaire. Bonaire is the shore diving capital of the Caribbean. All you need to pay for is air and a pick-up truck rental.

In Bonaire, I always stay at Buddy Dive where we can dive right off their dock or use their drive-through air station. www.buddydive.com Buddy is not cheap, but there are other choices in Bonaire. http://www.infobonaire.com/hotels.html

event.png

Thanks so much to everyone.I am going to write down all these places.I think we may do what Bruce-r said Caribe Blue,I found a flight from orlando to cozumel for about $200 on jetblue some driving (7 hours) involved but for the price can't be beat for short notice.We can catch the ferry over to cozumel

Thanks so much to everyone.I am going to write down all these places.I think we may do what Bruce-r said Caribe Blue,I found a flight from orlando to cozumel for about $200 on jetblue some driving (7 hours) involved but for the price can't be beat for short notice.We can catch the ferry over to cozumel

????If you are flying Orlando to Cozumel, I don't think you will need to take the ferry over to Cozumel. If you are flying to Cancun, then yes, you will need to take the ferry.

????If you are flying Orlando to Cozumel, I don't think you will need to take the ferry over to Cozumel. If you are flying to Cancun, then yes, you will need to take the ferry.

Sorry I didn't know I did that.Very sleepy just got back from doing a track day with my motorcycle.Yes it is to Cancun then a ferry to Cozumel.It was only $320 for taxes all with the plane ticket.Thanks again

Archived