Balconies directly next to a hump balcony question

Tralynn222

Last year on the serenade, my sister had the cabin that started the hump and we in the cabin to the left of her. They could stand at the rail of their balcony and easily see into our cabin. In fact, they could lean over and knock on our balcony door, which they often did first thing in the morning!

We had to make sure that the curtains were well closed of a night!

We didn't book one of these balconies because we feared that this would be true. Glad to hear that our fears were confirmed. It would have been nice to be midship, but I would rather be forward and not have someone be able to look directly onto the balcony without having to peek around the divider.

Well they had to lean right over to tap their fingers on our balcony door but they could do it! But it was easy for them to see right in our cabin if they leant over. One late afternoon my husband dozed off on a chair after getting out of the shower. My brother in law shouted to him as his towel had slid off while he slept! Not a pretty sight for my sister and her husband as they came to the rail for a chat to him!

I let the towel slip on purpose so next time you think before you peek;)

That's FUNNY! :D Too much information!! :D

Our DD & SIL had 6318 & we had 6320 and even though they're on the center of the hump, I could look to the side and see the other balconies if I leaned forward at the rail. :o

I don't think I would have been able to see very much though....just the fronts of the other balconies.

Some men are such exhibitionists!! :D

:o Hey, I resemble that remark. ;)

We had 6330 on NOS and we someone stuck thier head out beyond the railing* from a hump, I could tell that they could easily see into about a third or so of our balcony. Good thing we're not shy. This time we took the hump, 8620 - MOS.

*You have to stick you head out over the rail if you want to look fore or aft beyond the devider walls.

NOS: The room and balcony were still good, and I don't think anyone could have seen anything they didn't really want to make an effort to see.

On our next cruise we're on the Voyager in July. We've got aft cabins on the 9th deck and as the balconies are deeper than other cabins, I don't suppose anyone will see into our cabin from either side. But we might get some interesting views looking down onto lower decks, or deck 10 might get some interesting views looking down on us (note to me: warn Dave before he falls asleep on balcony!).

I bet there's even MORE interesting views if we're docked back to back with another ship!

Interesting thread, and I look at it from the other direction (no pun intended). I would not want to be in a hump cabin where I could look so openly into other balconies. That would make me feel very uncomfortable.

I'm glad this came up, as I've thought about hump cabins, but seeing that picture, will stick with a non-hump near the rear of the ship where we can feel the waves and have them lull us to sleep!:)

Archived