Hotel near cruise terminal in New York

shipty2

We will be sailing on the Victory out of New York this coming summer. I am going to bid on priceline for my hotel. I want to get an idea of what neighborhood to bid on that would be close to the pier. Does anyone know a hotel close by? At least that way I have an address to work form on the map.

Or even better does anyone know the actual neighborhood according to priceline?

Don't know what's close to the pier -- we always stay in Times Square for the action the night before the cruise. We then take a cab to the pier after breakfast the next morning. We have stayed at the Belvedere (48th & 8th) and the Sheraton Manhattan. Both very nice, clean hotels. Good luck!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn - Times Square and it was fine. Lots of food options and stores around.

It was about $6 for 3 people to the port. Our only problem was finding a cabbie that knew "what a port was". It took us 4 tries!! :eek: So make sure you have a specific address.

Times Square is a great location and it's only a short cab ride to the pier. How long will you be in NY for? If you are in for a few days, you really should try and take in a Bway show and go to some of the wonderful restaurants that we have here. Nothing like NYC. :D

We usually stay in Times Square also. Some hotels are a little pricey. Our 1st. stay was at the Marriot Marquis [$350.00 a night] and now I think the rooms go for $500.00. Last June we stayed at the Doubletree with rooms going for the $300's and up. Some of our friends stay in Jersey and catch a cab over the day of the cruise but we like the sights and sounds of Times Square.

We recently booked the New England cruise for September. We used priceline to book our hotel. We got Hotel 57, which by reviews is a nice hotel in Midtown Manhattan. Rooms were going for $299 and we got the room for $225 through priceline.

In my opinion, Times Square is just way too busy. I work here in NYC and stay away from there at all costs. Of course if you're a tourist you probably want to check that out.

For a good hotel, do a search on www.tripadvisor.com -- the hotels are rated by user reviews which are very helpful. Then, for the best prices I usually check out www.kayak.com which is also a grea site for finding the best prices on air fare.

The Marriot Marquis seems to be a popular hotel for travelers on CC. I've never stayed there, but have been inside at the restaurant several times. It's very nice but just remember, you're paying for the location, which in my opinion, isn't worth it.

You should consider the Hilton Garden Inn, the Hampton Inn and the Holiday Inn. These three hotels are on 8th avenue in the 40's and about a five minute cab ride to the west side cruise ship piers. If you hunt around on some of the above internet hotel sites you should find some reasonable rates.

Cruiserking

We will be sailing on the Victory out of New York this coming summer. I am going to bid on priceline for my hotel. I want to get an idea of what neighborhood to bid on that would be close to the pier. Does anyone know a hotel close by? At least that way I have an address to work form on the map.

Closest to the port for Priceline is Midtown West (encompasses Times SQ which is around 42nd ST-cruise port is 57th St)

But if you want more bang for your buck, ESPECIALLY if you are there on a weekend, bid the Soho/Downtown/Financial District, especially the 4* hotels. They are all upscale BUSINESS hotels, not packed with tourists. Easy transport on the subway to midtown if needed and you are in a GREAT area for walking. Lot's of celebrities live in the area-Robert DeNiro's restaurants are in the area, as well as other VERY well known restaurants.

Both the Tribeca Grand and 60 Thompson have been gotten with Priceline bids. I LOVE 60 Thompson. I have gotten it for less than $200.00 a couple of times. Regular rate is $400.00+.

You are a little further south of the port, but not such a touristy, noisy area as around Times Square.

You really don't want to be close to the pier because it is in a very industrial neighborhood.

Agree with other posters, go for Midtown West or downtown is also a great idea.

Archived