Thinking about a cruise, Pacific Sun

spakman

She said she paid $8 short of $4,000 for her cruise and she expected clean windows! The girls asked if she was up in a suite? No, she said. She was in an outside twin on Main Deck!

I'm guessing she left out the bit that that price was for her & her hubby:rolleyes: . The price in the brochure for that grade cabin is $2800 per person.

I am somewhat puzzled about the comment that the Pacific Sun has deteriorated. We were on the ship for 10 day cruise last December, and then for a 14 day jaunt ending last week. The previous time we were on the ship was August 2000 (Vancouver to Seward) when she was named the Jubilee. We feel she looks in better condition now than she was over seven years ago. She really looked tired then. I suppose that now a few years have passed since her refit, she may not be looking as sparkling as she did then, but she is still OK.

I would like to go on the Pac Dawn or the Princess ships, and probably will. For us, it depends on price, itinerary and the added convenience of boarding in Brisbane.

We have a great time no matter which ship we go on. That's what we are there for.:):):)

I am somewhat puzzled about the comment that the Pacific Sun has deteriorated. We were on the ship for 10 day cruise last December, and then for a 14 day jaunt ending last week. The previous time we were on the ship was August 2000 (Vancouver to Seward) when she was named the Jubilee. We feel she looks in better condition now than she was over seven years ago. She really looked tired then. I suppose that now a few years have passed since her refit, she may not be looking as sparkling as she did then, but she is still OK.

I would like to go on the Pac Dawn or the Princess ships, and probably will. For us, it depends on price, itinerary and the added convenience of boarding in Brisbane.

We have a great time no matter which ship we go on. That's what we are there for.:):):)

Not only deterioated but grubby as well As has be observed by others as well and not only me it may have been that the workers they had at that time were not very diligent in their duties. Another thought is that maybe one passengers idea of grubby isnt necessarily the same as the passenger. :rolleyes:

Hi,

we have been on Pacific Sun 6 times now, and doing BTB in May/June this year.

I would not return to a ship that was filthy or gave bad service etc.

so far I have nothing to complain about.

but things can change.

as Icy said, she has been on the ship before and it had gone down in her view. :( I will give an opinion after we return in June.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

I much preferred the Sun over the Star, but I do understand when people say it has gone downhill. For me, it was more the service and lack of happy staff members.

My last cruise on the Sun was not my most enjoyable....but I would sail on her again.

I agree that happy staff members can really make the cruise. It sure does for us.

We enjoyed one staff member so much that we took him to our home one night. I'll start a thread and tell that story sometime if you like.

Archived