RSVP Eurodam 2/21/2009

MattInFLL

Matt,

Thanks for the info. Even though we have already booked for the Mexican Riveria, I think we are now leaning towards the Atlantis RCCL Freedom cruise, as we think all the extras the ship offers will make it a blast for us. We have come to the conclusion that for us, the ports are not what make the cruise, but what the ship has to offer and the company of the people on board.

I hope that they do still offer some day trips at the resort that Atlantis now uses, as we do want to be able to break the week up and visit the rest of Puerto Vallarta.

When you went on the AI, did they offer activities and entertainment like RSVP did on the Zuiderdam? If you want to take this question off line, please feel free to email me directly (allanweinman@yahoo.ca) or user my other thread as I do not want to hijack this thread any longer.

Thanks!

It's been a while since we were there in 2000....

From what I remember there were two t-dances (dog-tag and sarong) and dancing every night. There was Ms. Ritchfield and a hypnotist for entertainment. There were also pool games and beach games.

It was easy from that resort to just walk some to stores or take a cab to the old town. We went to dinner on two of the nights - one place was on the beach (I think it was called La Palapas), the other I couldn't remember but it was a lovely open-air Mexican restaurant. Both were recommendations we received from the resort's front desk

They had excursions I think every day. My partner went on a bus tour of the city and on two other occasions I went scuba diving. One of those was at a place Caletas which was wonderful. People went horseback riding in the jungle or swam with the dolphins. There was plenty to do in Puerta Vallarta.

OK I am in again and have send a request to my TA for the mighty Eurodam! :D

The Zuiderdam trip was so good I had to do it again. And considering how quick the ship fills up I had to act quickly.

Well the countdown can begin again!

Reint

OK I am in again and have send a request to my TA for the mighty Eurodam! :D

The Zuiderdam trip was so good I had to do it again. And considering how quick the ship fills up I had to act quickly.

Well the countdown can begin again!

Reint

Goed so!

I Just heard from my t/a that , in speaking with Charlie Rounds , there are no plans to discontinue the points program at this time. He assured my t/a that if they ever did they would give their client base plenty of time to use their points for rate reductions or cruise credits. When you think about it RSVP cannot aford to do away with this program at a time when they are trying to make money again.

I Just heard from my t/a that , in speaking with Charlie Rounds , there are no plans to discontinue the points program at this time. He assured my t/a that if they ever did they would give their client base plenty of time to use their points for rate reductions or cruise credits. When you think about it RSVP cannot aford to do away with this program at a time when they are trying to make money again.

Charlie told me when we booked for next year that the program will continue.

OK, I won't be the only Dutch Queen anymore.....:)

This is quite exeptional as she normally leaves these kind of things to her sister Prinses Margriet.

Holland America's Eurodam will be christened by Her Majesty Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, as befits the venerable line's Dutch roots. The ship debuts on July 1, 2008.

The new royal godmother is by no means Holland America's first. Queen Beatrix' mother -- Queen Juliana -- was godmother of Rotterdam V. Other members of the Netherlands' royal family to strike a hull with a magnum of Champagne include Prince Hendrik (1929, Statendam III), Queen Wilhelmina (1937, Nieuw Amsterdam), and Princess Margriet (1973, Prinsendam; 1983, Nieuw Amsterdam; 1997, Rotterdam VI; 2003, Oosterdam).

It's not even the Queen's first stint as a Holland America godmother; as Princess Beatrix she also welcomed Statendam IV (1957) and Prinses Margriet (1964).

The christening ceremony will take place in Rotterdam.

-- by Carolyn Spencer Brown, Editor in Chief

Hi guys,

We used a travel agent to book the Zuiderdam this year. I saw in an e-mail (I was perhaps not supposed to see) that RSVP paid our TA almost 600$ for that (!). So why not book RSVP direct and let RSVP give travellers a discount? Our TA didn't do much for that money. The only thing they did was sent the envelop to us (we didn't even got a pen or anything from the TA).

Or are there TA who really do something for you?

What would you suggest use TA or book direct with RSVP?

We cant book yet because of uncertain workschedules next year but might book later (if there is still room).

Lucky you who already got on board!

John

Hi guys,

We used a travel agent to book the Zuiderdam this year. I saw in an e-mail (I was perhaps not supposed to see) that RSVP paid our TA almost 600$ for that (!). So why not book RSVP direct and let RSVP give travellers a discount? Our TA didn't do much for that money. The only thing they did was sent the envelop to us (we didn't even got a pen or anything from the TA).

Or are there TA who really do something for you?

What would you suggest use TA or book direct with RSVP?

We cant book yet because of uncertain workschedules next year but might book later (if there is still room).

Lucky you who already got on board!

John

Hi John,

This is standard industry practice as your TA earns their income from commission on sales. However it's not terribly professional that they revealed the commission amount to you. The cruise fare for you will remain exactly the same if you will book with RSVP direct. Than they will earn more profit on sale.

I have booked with vacationgay dot com. in the States. Apart from the for us so good dollar rate, you can still cancel in the USA after 150 days without charges. (USD500 per person deposit required which will be refunded if you decided to cancel ) So that will give you time to breath and be on time as they expect the cruise to sell out soon. Send me a mail and I can give you the details of my agent in the States, He is very good and organised a very nice cocktail party for us on board too :)

Was this a Dutch travel agent? If you are not comfortable with using a US agent I can suggest another good one here in Europe who usually does all my travel bookings.

Reint

I have booked with vacationgay dot com. in the States. He is very good and organised a very nice cocktail party for us on board too :)

Reint

Thanks for letting me know Reint I will check out this site and TA. Hope to see you and the others next year if not then a year later. Also hope Boytjie shared all the 'drop' I gave him!

John

Thanks for letting me know Reint I will check out this site and TA. Hope to see you and the others next year if not then a year later. Also hope Boytjie shared all the 'drop' I gave him!

John

John,

We have used the TA that Reint mentioned the past two years and are very well pleased with his services.

I didn't get any of your candy, either! :(

Max

John,

We have used the TA that Reint mentioned the past two years and are very well pleased with his services.

I didn't get any of your candy, either! :(

Max

Hey, the candy was at the meet-and-greet! Out on the table for all to eat. with the Hershey Kisses.

What was left over I shared a little. :rolleyes:

Hey, the candy was at the meet-and-greet! Out on the table for all to eat. with the Hershey Kisses.

What was left over I shared a little. :rolleyes:

Just kidding, Peter! I guess I was too busy talking and drinking to eat!

Anyway, once again you are to be thanked and congratulated for such a wonderful meet-and-great!

Just kidding, Peter! I guess I was too busy talking and drinking to eat!

In other words, your mouth was full! :D:eek:

Richard said he did go around towards the end offering the candy to everyone, BTW. :p

Anyway, once again you are to be thanked and congratulated for such a wonderful meet-and-great!

Thanks. It was FUN!

Greetings all,

Jeff and I have booked this cruise with Good Ol' Nick @ RSVP.

We so enjoyed the last Caribbean trip. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Rumor has it that "TwoOnTheIsle" are booking as well.

How long till we go?

:D

Hello everyone! My partner Gary and I (aka twoontheisle) have booked our second RSVP cruise. Did the Alaska 07 cruise and had a blast. We tend to love bringing up the rear, so have booked an aft veranda. If you've never done one of those hard to get rooms.....they are the bomb. Looking forward to meeting "formers" and futures.

Steven & Gary

Archived