RSVP Eurodam 2/21/2009

MattInFLL

Very nice... wish I'd see ya out and about, maybe we can get ya on board again next year :)

I put a small set of pics for all to see here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/dendren/

edit... grrrrrr, I'm still figuring out flickr and can't get the set to show for everyone. I'll keep trying :P

Carlos and us booked the same adjoining cabins we had on the Zuiderdam. VD's with bigger balconies :)

We are Upper Verandah, starboard, aft, right at the bend in the hall: Bill & Jim 5137, David & Stephen 5139, Billy & Stephen 5141, trying to get Frank & Mike 5143, and another friend in 5145

Are you a certified diver? They often want you to have done a dive within the last 2 years.

Peter-I've been diving for as long as I can remember. OH! You mean in the water! My bad! ;-)

So what sort of discount or upgrades can you get for one week's cruise?

Currently I am trying get some friends along, however unfortunately nobody seems to be terribly eager to do so.:( So I keep on trying.

Still haven't landed yet and thinking a lot about last week...

Reint

Hi Reint! We were able to use points from past cruises. You get a point for every dollar you spend (not including port fees, gratuities, etc.) on your booking. Every 2000 points is worth $100 to be used against future bookings. But you'd probably have to do another RSVP before the end of the year to accumulate enough points. Call RSVP and see what you earned on this trip. If you paid full fare with no credits (unlike us on this past cruise) you might actually have 2000 points, depending on what kind of cabin you had. It's worth checking out for a hundred bucks.

We Just Returned From Florida And Called Our T/a Immediately To Book Next Year .........he Told Me Its 50% Booked Already......let Your Friends Know They Expect It Sold Out By April 15th.......we Had A Blast Thanx To All For A Great Cruise ......the Eurodam Site On Hal.com Looks Great !

Hi Guys!

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for your posts on the Zuiderdam board. Stuart and I had such a great time on our first gay cruise, that we booked for next year on the Eurodam, even before getting off the ship.

It was awesome meeting a number of you during the cruise, our apologies we didn't get to meet you all. With this being our first cruise, we were a bit more focused on enjoying the whole experience, enjoying the ship, and seeing the different ports...

Thanks as well to those who've posted links to their pics. I'll do my best to get my pics posted soon.

Winter is definitely not over yet here in Toronto. While it was a mild 8C (around 48F) earlier this week, we had another 10cm of snow last night and another 15-20cm of snow is forecast for Friday night into Saturday.

But we have really nice tans, so we're not complaining! :D

Will definitely check in here on a regular basis to keep up on the news for next year's cruise... in the meantime, we're now planning for our next vacation get-away in August.

Cheers from Toronto,

Aji (& Stuart) :)

Hi gang,

I posted our pictures, but instead of listing the link here for anyone to access I have sent out email invitations that will take you directly to the site. If you did not get an "invitation" but would like to peruse the photos, just let me know and I will send you the link.

monumax@verizon.net

Hi all:

Ken has talked and talked about doing the directory for next year. I think it will be some sort of blog type of thing over the next years' months, ending in a printable directory for the cruise.

If you are supportive and think it is a good idea, send cc names, real names, cabins, emails, photos, etc to kwmarrott at msn.com. Do it while the whiles the memories are fresh.

Look for a new URL and the ability to update your info throughout the year.

If you have other ideas, let him know.

Kip (& Ken)

Hi all:

Ken has talked and talked about doing the directory for next year. I think it will be some sort of blog type of thing over the next years' months, ending in a printable directory for the cruise.

Gotta love this! Not even a week off the ship and we already have 60 posts and the beginnings of the CC Directory!

Hi Kip and Ken,

I also love the idea. I too have booked the Eurodam for next year. I have not been actively participating on the cc threads for the Zuiderdam cruise and even missed the meet 'n greet! But after seeing the great time you all had, I promised myself to get into the spirit of things again for the next cruise.

BTW, I see you will also be on the Serenade of the Seas in Oct '08. I was on the Atlantis Radiance of the Seas last Oct. and had the best time. It was my first Atlantis cruise and they put on a good show, so going again.

Steven

Phil,

We enjoyed the Pinnacle too. Missed you at the party but we'll catch up with you next year. :D

Jim & Terry

It looks like I missed a VERY fun time :( Definitely next year, would like to have got to know you all better. Still, was nice to see your happy smiling faces here and there throughout the week :) :) :)

Hi all:

If you are supportive and think it is a good idea, send cc names, real names, cabins, emails, photos, etc to kenmarrott at msn.com. Do it while the whiles the memories are fresh.

Look for a new URL and the ability to update your info throughout the year.

If you have other ideas, let him know.

Kip (& Ken)

Note the corrected email address kenmarrott at msn.com. I got confused.

Has anyone tried to access RSVIP POINTS ? I tried mine and Rays and the page said the numbers were not valid. Perhaps they are going away? Seems strange. They were valid before the cruise.

Has anyone tried to access RSVIP POINTS ? I tried mine and Rays and the page said the numbers were not valid. Perhaps they are going away? Seems strange. They were valid before the cruise.

I just checked my points out and it accepted my number and name and showed how many points I had. No points have been added for the 2008 cruise as of yet, though.

They have not applied the points from the last cruise yet. I contacted RSVP at the info@... email address and John told me how many points we had accrued. He applied the awards to our booking for next year's cruise.

I just checked my RSViP points online: it shows the points redemption already, but not the points for the last cruise. It seems that points for previous cruises were posted a few weeks after the cruise ended.

How come no one is interested in the RSVP Mexican Riveria cruise on NCL. Just wondering why there is not a thread on it.

thanks,

Allan

Maybe because many of us are not going. :D

Start a new thread and see what happens.

How come no one is interested in the RSVP Mexican Riveria cruise on NCL. Just wondering why there is not a thread on it.

thanks,

Allan

Maybe it's time for you to start a thread. Just my personal opinion, having done that itinerary 3 times, it gets old pretty quickly. I'm sure it will sell out, it's always popular with the west coast residents.

Allan - the reason this thread is so lively - or I should say the RSVP Feb Carib cruise threads in general - is because we are lucky to have such a large number of CC'ers here that also take that cruise every year.

I have no doubt that the Mex cruise will be a success - and I also suggest starting a thread and seeing where it goes...

As for Club Atlantis Vallarta - both Peter and I have done that. I enjoyed it because I think Puerto Vallarta is such a great gay vacation spot all on its own. One of the few places in Mexico I'd actually like to visit again. So when my friend and I got weary of the late night party crowd at the resort, we hopped in a cab and went downtown for the very lively bar and restaurant scene. There are also many day trips specifically for the gay audience aside from the resort.

The only thing that might make a difference is that Atlantis now uses a resort in Nuevo Vallarta, which is well north of the center of Puerto Vallarta and will be a bit of a taxi ride each way. When we did it, they used a resort called the Blue Bay Club that was next to the Sheraton.

Matt,

Thanks for the info. Even though we have already booked for the Mexican Riveria, I think we are now leaning towards the Atlantis RCCL Freedom cruise, as we think all the extras the ship offers will make it a blast for us. We have come to the conclusion that for us, the ports are not what make the cruise, but what the ship has to offer and the company of the people on board.

I hope that they do still offer some day trips at the resort that Atlantis now uses, as we do want to be able to break the week up and visit the rest of Puerto Vallarta.

When you went on the AI, did they offer activities and entertainment like RSVP did on the Zuiderdam? If you want to take this question off line, please feel free to email me directly (allanweinman@yahoo.ca) or user my other thread as I do not want to hijack this thread any longer.

Thanks!

BAD NEWS - they just released our school vacation calendar for next year and because of a blip in the calendar that causes our semester to start a week later, winter break has been moved to 3/2.... so not looking good for us!

It must be the curse of whoever starts this thread doesn't actually get to go :)

Allan - the all inclusive is definitely a much different experience. Really about the beach all day and then the parties at night....and not so much about all the programming.

BAD NEWS - they just released our school vacation calendar for next year and because of a blip in the calendar that causes our semester to start a week later, winter break has been moved to 3/2.... so not looking good for us!

It must be the curse of whoever starts this thread doesn't actually get to go :)

I am so glad you beat me to the first post then...

Is there any way you could swing it? Yes, you can! :D

Come one, it won't be quite the same without you two!

Archived