Snorkelling Princess Cays

t&kwelburn

We just got back today. 2 days ago we were snorkeling at Princess Cays. Looking at shore from the water, we went far left to a red roofed shelter out on rocks over looking the water. There were tons of fish near the structure. There is a nice beach right south of the red roof structure. Swim around this area, and to a large reef area north of the red roof. Tons of different fish there. We saw a large lobster and purple spiny things. I swam out deeper to the floating rope that encompassed the snorkeling area, and saw a large 3 ft long skinny fish. Not sure what kind of fish it was. There are a lot of great things to see under the water in this area. You will have a great time. We did.

Thanks, keithb7! We're really looking forward to Princess Cays, we didn't make there last cruise due to weather conditions. Have read that the island is beautiful.

Does Princess rent snorkel gear here?

Does Princess rent snorkel gear here?

Yes you can rent snorkel gear there..I'm not how much it is because I had my own equiptment...but there is definitely tons of people who rented.

I also suggest the pier at the end of the beach...tons of fish. Not anything too different, but lots of fish nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...

Our Princess Cays snorkeling 2 weeks ago was better than our St. John day sail and Dawn Beach in St. Maarten. We really enjoyed it and the reef is right off the beach. Lots of fish and a big variety. Some people saw a school of squid, which I missed. We all loved Princess Cays and would go back in a heartbeat. Only thing bad is last tender was 3pm.

Archived