Any Companies with SUVs

happycruzer

Can anyone recommend a company that would have SUV's or similar sized vehicles ? We (4 adults plus approx 6 peices of luggage) will be arriving at Miami Airport, then staying in FLL for a few days pre-cruise. We therefor need transport to get us from the Airport.

We dont fancy the idea of a shuttle bus, which may have to drop other passengers off, and dont want to hire a car....as we are travelling from the UK and will be pretty tired after our flight.

I have looked at a couple of websites , but only one company has came back to me and they suggested a Lincoln Town car, they said it would fit 4 adults and up to 6 peices of medium luggage plus some carry ons. But I'm not so sure, can anyone tell me if they think this would be possible. Or can they point me in the direction of a company who may have something such as SUVs or anything else that would suit us better.

Many thanks

Happycruzer

We rented a SUV from Hertz last Feb.2007 in Miami. It was an Entourage. There were 4 passengers and a lot of luggage. This car had seating for up to 7 people. We were comfortable for the time that we had it. It was rented from the Hertz in Downtown Miami not too far from the cruise terminal. They can not always tell you what car you will get but you will get something to fit your needs. We picked up the car after our cruise. We took a quick ride from the ship to our hotel by taxi, then walked about 4 blocks to the rental agency. Good luck

Sorru for any confusion I may have caused.

I should have said that we dont want to hire/rent the vehicle.

What we would like is a limo company or similar who would meet us at the Airport and drive us to FLL.

Hope this info clears up the confusion, but thanks for all your help already.

happycruzer

I have looked at a couple of websites , but only one company has came back to me and they suggested a Lincoln Town car, they said it would fit 4 adults and up to 6 peices of medium luggage plus some carry ons. But I'm not so sure,

Happycruzer

A Lincoln Town Car will easily fit four adults with tons of luggage. We've done six people with six big bags in a Town Car before. I'd go with it.

Many, many thanks to all of you for the great help.

We leave in just over 2 weeks and I just wanted to have everything sorted before leaving the UK.

If the town car doesn't transpire at least we have the option that Bequia mentioned.

Thank you all again

happycruzer

The Town Car may or may not work with your luggage. I personally would not count on it.

There are many different kinds of taxis waiting at MIA. Just insist on one that is an SUV. You'll know what to do when you get there. If the luggage won't fit in one cab, it will in the next. This was my personal experience less than a month ago. 4 adults who overpack. Relax.

Thanks to everyone for their help. its much appreciated !

On hindsight I think we'll wait until we reach MIA and catch some form of transport there ( although I normally prefer to have everything arranged before I leave the UK) As Howard says if it dont all fit in one vehicle we try the next one, whereas if we book the town car and the luggage doesn't fit we'll be stuck !

Does anyone have a rough idea how much we should expect to pay for the journey ?

Many thanks again, these boards must save so much stress to everyone its amazing! Thank you again.

Happycruzer

Archived