Time Change question

Lisa&Neb

I am hoping that someone will be able to answer this for me. I believe that we put the clocks ahead one hour on March 8 (I'm not 100% sure of this however) and we are going to be on ship on that day, does the ships time also change??

Thanks

It is that weekend... I was wondering the same thing. Does Bahamas even keep the same Daylight Savings Time schedule as the US and Canada?

Figures we'd be taking our first cruise in a week where we lose an hour. Maybe we should get a pro-rated fare. ;)

Chantelle

yes the ships keep the local time, so if the time changes the ship will change too (hope you are not traveling to an area where they are and hour ahead because then you will loose 2 hours and one is tough enough!!!:rolleyes: )

I know the ship will change from Eastern time to Central time. I think it's on Sunday night. That being said, the ship SHOULD change from eastern standard time to eastern daylight time(go back 1hr) on Saturday night. And then go from eastern time to central time(again going back 1hr) on Sunday night. Look at it this way, TWO extra nights when you get an extra hour to party!!!! Then when returning to Miami, they'll change from standard back to eastern.

I know the ship will change from Eastern time to Central time. I think it's on Sunday night. That being said, the ship SHOULD change from eastern standard time to eastern daylight time(go back 1hr) on Saturday night. And then go from eastern time to central time(again going back 1hr) on Sunday night. Look at it this way, TWO extra nights when you get an extra hour to party!!!! Then when returning to Miami, they'll change from standard back to eastern.

dosen't this mean that when you travel you will basically be traveling with out having to adjust to the hour time change until a week later :p sounds good to me

Actually, we move ahead an hour for daylight saving time... spring forward, fall back.

So we go back an hour for the time zone change, but then forward an hour for daylight saving time change... so that evens out to no change...

Then when we get back to New York, we move forward by an hour.

I think.

lol

The official time change to Daylight SavingsTtime usually takes place at around 2:00 AM....this year it happens on Sunday, March 9. There is no set rule about whether a ship changes time to match the local time zone. On some of my cruises we have been reminded to re-set our watches to local time, on others we have been cautioned to keep our watches on ship's time. There's no consistency. We'll just have to read the Freestyle Dailies and listen for the announcements on board to know what our specific ship is doing.

Kathy

. There's no consistency. We'll just have to read the Freestyle Dailies and listen for the announcements on board to know what our specific ship is doing.

Kathy

Is this your experience with NCL or all cruise lines, when we were on Carnival they kept to ship time (time zone we departed in) but on NCL they changed time zones and changed times on the ship to match

Archived