NYC to Caribbean Repo Cruise in October- Weather?!

the_dylaness

Hoping someone who is better at figuring out weather and such, or who has done a similar NY cruise can help me out.

We're departing NY in late October for a repositioning to the Caribbean (:D ). I was able to figure out the avg high/low temps for NY in October (63 and 47, if you're interested) but was curious about the temps once we're at sea for the first three days. Does it start to get warmer by the first day or is it colder because you're in the middle of the ocean? I realize this may be a stupid question but I'm not very common sense about the weather and although I used to live upstate, and have been to NYC in October, it was never on a ship sailing south!

We are staying on for some land vacationing after the cruise and are really limited in the amount of luggage we can bring so this is a vital question!

• 3 months later...

I live in Florida. October can still be hot. Sometimes we might get a cool day. We all love it when October comes. The humidity is much lower. The weather is pleasant. Not hot just really nice with low humidity. One year we did get a hurricane come thru in October. The ocean might still have strong currents due to what ever kinds of hurricane weather we have this year. Find a farmers alamanac. It is uncanny how accurate they really are!

Archived