Cruise Credits Removed, Check your Personalizer!

ShoMeChiefsFan

My wife had just informed that Princess had removed our on board credit for our upcoming cruise, this was suppose to have a $50 cruise credit per cabin booked!

Has anyone else loss their cruise credits recently?

************************************** U P D A T E ***********************************************************

AS OF 3/2/2008, PRINCESS HAS EXPERIENCED A PROBLEM WITH THEIR COMPUTER SOFTWARE, IF YOU DONT CALL IN AND INFORM THEM OF YOUR CRUISE CREDIT, YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE IT. THE PROGRAM, THAT HAD GIVEN THE MEMBERS WHO HAD CREDIT COMING, HAD ACTUALLY REMOVED THE CRUISE CREDIT. AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES ON THE PHONE AND IDENTIFYING THE PROBLEM ON PRINCESS END, THEY IMMEDIATELY RE-APPLIED THE CRUISE CREDIT BACK TO MY ACCOUNT.

My wife had just informed that Princess had removed our on board credit for our upcoming cruise, this was suppose to have a $50 cruise credit per cabin booked!

Has anyone else loss their cruise credits recently?

They aren't showing up as assinged to a certain sailing? If not, time to give Princess or your TA a call to see what's up with that.

Is this under the pending/available credit section or the applied credit section or both?

FWIW, our onboard credit remains unchanged; both the FCC OBC and the promotional OBC are still listed as applied to our cruise.

Make sure you have a print out of your cruise credits...ours was in the Circle Savings Account, the Princess Software had removed it from our On Board Credits, our up coming cruise is March 30, 2008.

I always do that ;), I also have the confirmation from the TA showing the same credits applied and by whom. But I was responding mostly to let you know that it appears this glitch may only apply to some bookings or cruises; mine never disappeared from the Personalizer. Hopefully not from too many others, either. Good thing you noticed yours was missing and got it taken care of!

Thanks for warning others.

Mine disappeared also from our July sailing on the Emerald. When I called Princess they said not to worry they still have the credits in their computer. I have asked that they send me a confirmation of this in writing.

When I called Princess they said not to worry they still have the credits in their computer. I have asked that they send me a confirmation of this in writing.

That's interesting - if this is the case then the problem is the cruise personalizer application not displaying the credit, not that the credits disappeared from the database. While certainly disconcerting for us, not as big a problem for Princess, or for us when we check our shipboard accounts. :)

That's interesting - if this is the case then the problem is the cruise personalizer application not displaying the credit, not that the credits disappeared from the database. While certainly disconcerting for us, not as big a problem for Princess, or for us when we check our shipboard accounts. :)

in my case, i had booked before a February 25, 2008. I guess there was a promotinal campaign running which gave you $50 per cabin on board credit. Now back in January I printed off the summary showing the $50 credit per cabin,

when i spoke with the Princess personnel, she had stated that the computer software which had applied the credit, also removed the credit, they had to investigate the matter, which took about 20 minutes on the phone, and saw were I did have the $50 per cabin credit, and then manually re-applied the credit, according the Princess personnel, they are unaware of why the software just removed the credit.

After speaking with the personnel, my cruise credit never appeared back in the Circle Savings Account area, I had to go to the travel summary area, and review the summary of the all booking to verify that my credit was re-applied back to my sailing.

The personnel did state if i would not have called in and caught this error, it would not have been added on the ship. Needless to say even though i had physical evidence to clearly support my case, i would have been at the pursors desk, stating my claim otherwise!

I hope i have been more clear and concise in my answers....Good Luck!

Just a quick question regarding the FCC before I call princess.

My boyfriend and I both purchased a FCC on our last cruise. Both FCC were applied to our next cruise.

The problem is only my account shows the onboard credit, his doesn't. Should we each have gotten an OBC or is it 1 per cabin?

Thanks!

My boyfriend and I both purchased a FCC on our last cruise. Both FCC were applied to our next cruise.

The problem is only my account shows the onboard credit, his doesn't. Should we each have gotten an OBC or is it 1 per cabin?

Thanks!

He should have gotten it. There is a limit to the first 2 in a cabin.

Thanks!

For some reason when we use FCC's for booking, only one of our accounts show the OBC also. This has been each time we have booked, so I am kind of used to it now. When we get to the ship, we both have the OBC on our accounts, it just never shows up for both of us on the Princess website. And it doesn't matter if we book using one or two FCC's for the booking, it just isn't there except for one of us until we get to the ship.

For some reason when we use FCC's for booking, only one of our accounts show the OBC also. This has been each time we have booked, so I am kind of used to it now. When we get to the ship, we both have the OBC on our accounts, it just never shows up for both of us on the Princess website. And it doesn't matter if we book using one or two FCC's for the booking, it just isn't there except for one of us until we get to the ship.

This has also been my experience. We only have one booking currently where we each used a FCC. The FCC shows up on my Personalizer with 0 OBC. My husbands shows up under his Personalizer with $100 OBC. I think it's because they can't list the OBC under both FCCs because they have two different numbers and that would trigger double OBC for each of us. The right amount is always there when we board and also on our invoice.

I'm confused - see my $50 referral credit posted to my current cruise, but where should I see the $50 obc from the TA?

You will not see the credit given by the TA on your booking at the Princess website. The only thing that normally shows up there is OBC given directly by Princess.

You will not see the credit given by the TA on your booking at the Princess website. The only thing that normally shows up there is OBC given directly by Princess.

So is there any chance we wont get the TA obc? How will we know until we board the ship? What if we dont get it? Is there anything to be done at that point?

Toto you seem to have the answer to everything.

So is there any chance we wont get the TA obc? How will we know until we board the ship? What if we dont get it? Is there anything to be done at that point?

Toto you seem to have the answer to everything.

I wish, but forums are so great, you can answer the questions you have knowledge of, and avoid those you do not have an answer to. ;)

But to your question. Take your booking confirmation with you and your TA's email address. We have never had a problem with the credit not being onboard from our TA's waiting for us. But if by the slight chance it isn't, you can show the pursers desk your booking confirmation and also email your TA if all else fails. But I really wouldn't worry about this as long as it is on your written confirmation. Of coarse mistakes happen and occasionally someone might find their OBC isn't there. Usually, this can be handled onboard and as said, shooting an email off to your TA back home (or where ever) can rectify the situation.

I checked my on board credit and sure enough, it was gone! I called and I was on the phone with an agent for 45 minutes before it got fixed and put back in. Thank goodness I had a print-out and a credit ID number. Even with that, it took a very long time to fix. This is my first cruise with Princess and the information I have put in their web site such as address, phone, etc. all got changed to my daughter's. This happened twice. In the past 15 days, I have been given 3 different circle numbers. I have never had any problems like this before with other cruise lines. It is exhausting to have to keep going into the Princess site to make sure everything is correct.

All I can suggest to people is to make sure you print out everything for your records. I'm still not convinced things will stay right. I have 26 days to go before the cruise--or is it less?????

If you don't see your credit on the web site, please call!!!

I checked my on board credit and sure enough, it was gone! I called and I was on the phone with an agent for 45 minutes before it got fixed and put back in. Thank goodness I had a print-out and a credit ID number. Even with that, it took a very long time to fix. This is my first cruise with Princess and the information I have put in their web site such as address, phone, etc. all got changed to my daughter's. This happened twice. In the past 15 days, I have been given 3 different circle numbers. I have never had any problems like this before with other cruise lines. It is exhausting to have to keep going into the Princess site to make sure everything is correct.

All I can suggest to people is to make sure you print out everything for your records. I'm still not convinced things will stay right. I have 26 days to go before the cruise--or is it less?????

If you don't see your credit on the web site, please call!!!

this is what i was trying to point out....glad to see you got it back also!

Toto.....Have two cruises booked. OBC shows up in the personalizer under invoices for both of us. For some reason on the Princess web page it only shows up under my husbands. Both the FCC's were his. Only problem I can see is that where it shows the OBC there, it is only half the amount we should be getting. Is that what you meant when you said it never shows up for both of you. Thanks

Archived