Cabin pricing for singles

LOWTYD

I apologize upfront in case there are threads in this already but search is down. I thougt I read somewhere that a single person price for a room was 1 1/2 the charge of a double. We have someone who wants to join us traveling solo and called NCL and was told the price is the same as a double! That's a lot for one person and I understand they need to make a buck too but come on! Has anyone had an experisnce traveling solo and had to pay full fair? This will cost him $2000 for an inside room!

Yes, double everything except port charge and fees for upcoming Dawn to Bermuda.

Another suggestion is to look into an AB suite but for our cruise that was more than the BA we have booked plus the inside my nephew booked.

They do occassionally have specials, so be sure to call NCL or a travel agent and don't just book on line.

In fact all you normally save solo is the taxes on the second passenger. Double fare and double NCF.

Every once in a while they offer a special for solos. Normally on off season cruises that are not filling up. I got a BA on the Gem transatlantic for $549 plus tax. Here is the problem for NCL or any line. That half price cabin deal is abused. There were a number of folks traveling together that booked two cabins. Why not the same price. And we wonder why they do not run more specials for solo cruisers.

If ships are selling out why tie up a cabin for half the revenue when they can sell it for twice that and get onboard revenue from two passengers not just one.

In fact all you normally save solo is the taxes on the second passenger. Double fare and double NCF.

Every once in a while they offer a special for solos. Normally on off season cruises that are not filling up. I got a BA on the Gem transatlantic for $549 plus tax. Here is the problem for NCL or any line. That half price cabin deal is abused. There were a number of folks traveling together that booked two cabins. Why not the same price. And we wonder why they do not run more specials for solo cruisers.

If ships are selling out why tie up a cabin for half the revenue when they can sell it for twice that and get onboard revenue from two passengers not just one.

I can understand that the cruise lines dont want to give up revenue but since some passangers travel with more that 2 in a rooms you would think that the cruise lines might offer a break for those traveling alone (even if they have a limit on the amount/type of rooms they allow this to happen with) after all they do have a limit on the number of passangers allowed on board.

Here is the problem for NCL or any line. That half price cabin deal is abused. There were a number of folks traveling together that booked two cabins. Why not the same price. And we wonder why they do not run more specials for solo cruisers.

Seems like no matter WHAT it is, there are always those people who take advantage of a situation thereby spoiling it for whom it was meant.:(

Even though I understand the cruise lines point of view, i.e. revenue, it's still unfortunate that solo cruisers have to pay such a premium.

I can understand that the cruise lines dont want to give up revenue but since some passangers travel with more that 2 in a rooms you would think that the cruise lines might offer a break for those traveling alone (even if they have a limit on the amount/type of rooms they allow this to happen with) after all they do have a limit on the number of passangers allowed on board.

and when there are 3 in a room they get even more revenue for that space and more passengers to generate onboard revenue. Trust me I love a great solo deal but understand the economics behind the decision.

and when there are 3 in a room they get even more revenue for that space and more passengers to generate onboard revenue. Trust me I love a great solo deal but understand the economics behind the decision.

I understand the economics but my point is that they have many people who book more in a room and for say every so many rooms that do this they allow so many to book a single at a reduced rate, it would show they have some interest in pleasing their customers!!

If a person is traveling solo and paying the 200%, does NCL add $10 per day service charge or $20 a day service charge to the onboard account? Granted the room steward/waiters will make less if they only charge one person worth...but then again...there is only one person using the "service" (be it dining room or cabin.)

Archived