Booked for 3 - Only 2 can go!

stlrboo

The possible scenario: If I book a specific cabin for 3 (with sofabed or pullman), and only two can go, will the cruise line re-assign me to a different cabin?

Case in point: DW and DS and I are going on a cruise in April 2005. This is the first cruise for DS.

Am looking to book a follow-up cruise in April 2006.

If he does not enjoy the cruise in April 2005, or has other concerns, I may need to cancel his booking on the next cruise.

Interested in a 'hump cabin' on Jewel of the Seas... Would hate to lose the cabin if I have to cancel his booking. Will they re-assign?? Comments!!

Or, can I book a cabin for 3 for 2..? Really sounds weird.. :rolleyes:

When we booked the VOyager there were three of us- final payment came and someone canceled. Royal told me that is someone with tree people requests that certain cabin I can be asked to be moved. (no one wanted it so we were fine.

There are certain cabins on the ship that are premo. is the one you are booking one of those cabins? (everyone wants it)

Was looking at 8086 or 8088 on the hump on Jewel of the Seas or Aft D734 or D735 on Caribbean Princess. Both accomodate three, but.. I'd consider either to be 'prime', tho' I haven't heard a lot about the D734/735 cabins.

Figured if I was booking this far out, they may let me keep the cabin even if 1 did cancel.

Looking at April 2006!! :D

I am on the other side here.

I was undecided if I was going to take my daughter with us (mom and me) and my TA told me to go ahead and book the cabin with the pulldown just so they do not get booked up and then I can add her up until final payment if the passenger capacity has not been met yet.

Needless to say, she did not go and I was never asked to move nor was it ever a thought that I could be moved.

Hope this helps!

Hmmm.m.m.m.... That may be the way to go!

If the cruilseline lets you book a specific cabin which accomodates three, when only two are booking, it would seem logical that they would not rescind on the booking, plus there would still be room if DS decided he wanted to go... :)

Archived