What is the age range on Azamara Cruises

drummondcreek

We just sailed on the 2/16 Quest sailing and most folks looked to be over 60. There were three young children on board, but we did not see any others.

I just sailed on that voyage, too. Definitely an older crowd. Pretty quiet at night.

What is the experience in the age ranges of people on the Azamara Cruises?

I'm 31 and I'm sailing on the Azamara Journey-Western-Northern Europe Itinerary on May 16th; many friends and family have sailed with Azamara, they said the ship, service, food and ports visited are great (a luxury cruise line experience for an affordable price). Seniors are great to sail with, I've learned a lot with them in other cruises.

Regards,

Joel

We are a party of six sailing on the Quest June 21st sailing. We range in age from 12 to 78. My husband is 47 and I am 46 and our children are 12 and 14. My parents are 77 and 78.

We frequently cruise together and always have a terrific time. Our children really enjoy traveling with their grandparents.

I know that Azamara is not really geared toward children, but on our last few cruises our children didn't even go to the kids clubs/facilities.

We this itinerary being so port intensive, I don't think they will be bored at all. They really enjoy exploring the ports with us, coming back and having a nice dinner and then hanging out in the stateroom. They particularly love the food and history in the Med.

We are looking at this as sort of a floating hotel and don't need a lot of entertainment. The average age being older doesn't concern us at all.

Happy Sailings,

Nancy

• 1 month later...

Watch the average on the April 12 Quest crossing jump up when these two gheezers in their early seventies come on board. LOL. If you are on our cruise, do try to keep up with us around the track in the mornings.

I'm 31 and I'm sailing on the Azamara Journey-Western-Northern Europe Itinerary on May 16th; many friends and family have sailed with Azamara, they said the ship, service, food and ports visited are great (a luxury cruise line experience for an affordable price). Seniors are great to sail with, I've learned a lot with them in other cruises.

Regards,

Joel

Yikes...with your cruise history and knowledge I thought you had a few more years on this earth! Well..your sailing mates on the 5/16 cruise (at least with Kenneth & LuAnn) will be a litle older..but a lot of fun..as has been said "don't say..don't tell..and only my hair-dresser knows for sure!!!)...see you soon! LuAnn & Kenneth

My daughter and I will be cruising on the Quest, May 24th. I am 45 and she is 18. We really like the quieter, smaller ships. While at sea, or in the evenings, she is an avid reader, so quiet is GREAT!!!! She has had a very busy senior year with school and 3 jobs, so this will be downtime for her! I guess matching up your personality with the ship/line is proving to be very important.

My Mom and I will be on the Journey in late June and she is mid-60's, I am 42. I agree that you learn a lot from listening to your elders and have always enjoyed hanging out with people older than I am. Generally these cruises are more expensive than the larger ships - but I am looking for a "no kid" experience as I'm not bringing mine!

We just returned today from 18 days on the journey. I would guess that more than 90% of the passengers were over 55. There were less than than 10 teens and children on the ship, and there are absolutely no facilities for the kids or teens. Younger passengers in their 30s and 40s did fine as long as they were comfortable dealing with us ole folks.

Hank

I'd guess that close to 90% were over 70.

One quite spry gentleman had joined the navy 6 years before Pearl Harbor, and was there on December 7, 1941.

Though his hearing wasn't quite as good as when he was a lad, (probably due to cannon fire), he sure get around just fine at 96. And his trophy wife (maybe 10 years younger?) was right along with him.

My family and I were on the Journey in March during our spring break. I'm 17 and my brothers are 15 and 14. There were only 4 other kids on board. This ship is definitely for 60+ passengers as the average age is well over 60 (90%). However if you enjoy a quiet time and luxury this is the ship to be on!

Dear Young Cruiser,

Did you enjoy your experience on the Journey? Our family including a 14 and 12 year old will be on the Quest sailing on June 21st. It is a very port intensive itinerary as we only have one sea day during the 14 day cruise.

I know that Azamara is not geared towards children in terms of kids/teen clubs, but we knew this when we booked. We will be so busy in ports during the day and after a nice dinner I think we will all be ready for a little rest.

I do think there may be a few more children onboard throughout the summer months.

We have cruised mostly the "M" class ships on Celebrity and are looking forward to trying a smaller and a little more upscale cruise line.

As I said, we do not need constant entertainment. However, I am hoping our children won't feel out of place, either. My parents who are in the late 70's will be with us as well, so we will covering a wide range of ages.

If you have post, please let us know your thoughts. Thanks!!

Happy Sailings,

Nancy

Yes, please, fill us in on the plusses and minuses! I am taking my 18 year old daughter on the May 24 Rome to Rome, and I would like to read your review/impressions.

We know full well this is a quiet type crowd, and that is one of the main reasons we chose Azamara. What did you think???

• 2 weeks later...
Yikes...with your cruise history and knowledge I thought you had a few more years on this earth! Well..your sailing mates on the 5/16 cruise (at least with Kenneth & LuAnn) will be a litle older..but a lot of fun..as has been said "don't say..don't tell..and only my hair-dresser knows for sure!!!)...see you soon! LuAnn & Kenneth

Hi LuAnn:

Yes, I'm 31 ... Happy Birthday in advance :)

We are getting closer to sail on the Journey from Barcelona to Copenhagen!

Regards,

jOeL :)

we were on the the journey beginning of December. Most passangers were 50-70. there were about a dozen children on board...mostly younger and children of crew members (Captain's son was on board) Few facilities for kids (but almost a new port each day).

Dear Young Cruiser,

Did you enjoy your experience on the Journey? Our family including a 14 and 12 year old will be on the Quest sailing on June 21st. It is a very port intensive itinerary as we only have one sea day during the 14 day cruise.

Sorry it's taken a while to reply.

I really did enjoy my experience! Having done the fun ships such as the Freedom, there really is no way to compare the entertainment. I'm not one to like Frank Sinatra impersonators most shows didn't appeal to me but their are a few good shows. They are geared towards a mature audience. However, if your children are like my brothers and I and they don't need to be entertained they will be fine. If your itinerary is quite charged like ours was, I found myself going to sleep earlier because I was so tired and had to be wide awake the next day.

On the first day of the cruise the assist. cruise director asked my brothers if they wanted to play the Nintendo Wii. He gave them his pager number (mistake!) and they could page him whenever they wanted to play. That is one of the great advantages of being the few children on board. The staff really focuses their attention on the younger ones. For instance, the dinning room was packed one night and the Maitre D decided to send my family and I to the specialty restaurant so we wouldn't have to wait. Talk about great service! Bar servers would often slip us free drinks. The passengers were also much friendly on this ship then others. Considering the age difference, they acted like our grandparents and treated us sometimes.

All in all, if your children are looking for a blast this is not the ship for them. However if they want to have a LUXURY cultural experience, they will love it. No need to worry there.

Yes, please, fill us in on the plusses and minuses! I am taking my 18 year old daughter on the May 24 Rome to Rome, and I would like to read your review/impressions.

We know full well this is a quiet type crowd, and that is one of the main reasons we chose Azamara. What did you think???

And yes, it's a quiet type crowd. Your daughter should not go on this ship expecting to me a whole lot of friends. There are other kids on board. The trick is finding some her own age. However, I'm sure she has had quite a school year and will enjoy the time to relax and get some sleep. It should be some good bonding time for the both of you.

If there are any specific questions feel free to send me an email. I would love to respond: christina_sluyter@hotmail.com

And yes, it's a quiet type crowd. Your daughter should not go on this ship expecting to me a whole lot of friends. There are other kids on board. The trick is finding some her own age. However, I'm sure she has had quite a school year and will enjoy the time to relax and get some sleep. It should be some good bonding time for the both of you.

If there are any specific questions feel free to send me an email. I would love to respond: christina_sluyter@hotmail.com

You are right, she has had quite a year! Three jobs (nanny, country club golf shop and a retail shoe store), plus school, plus activities. She really needs rest!!!! She is not looking for friends to hang out with on-board. We only have 2 sea days, and I'm sure she'll get up and go sleep in the sun all day! And at night after dinner, she'll probably find a quiet area to read, and then bed! We like the quietness. I have a pretty quiet home, and I think you get used to that environment. She's social, just not rock-climbing, night club teen scene stuff. Good adult converstation is just fine with her.

If I think of any specific questions, thanks for the invite to email you!

Archived