Roll call : Queen Mary 2 Eastbound April 28

xander

Hello Guys:

We are from New York and will be on the April 28 sailing from New York.

This will be our 17th Cunard cruise, and fourth time on the QM2.

From where are you from?

Hope to meet you on board.

Warm regards,

Chris

Hi ... glad we're not the only family on the ship !!

Yes, we should meet up onboard. Sounds like you know the Cunard fleet inside out - we know who to ask questions now !

We're from Manchester in the UK. So looking forward to this TA , heard so much about Cunard , now we get to sample it. The QM2 looks like a wonderful ship, beautiful and graceful too.

Brian - only if we accidentally don't get off in Southampton :D

Rotterdam - sometimes size does matter ;) I read your review - it sounds like you had a mixed cruise; we'll be happy as long as Cunard is better than Costa...we took my kids on the Mediterranea last year...big mistake. We'll stick with NCL or RCCL for the family vacations, Gus and I prefer Celebrity or SeaDream, which we are doing in December. This cruise was a last minute impulse buy - just can't resist a bargain, and the idea of a transatlantic does appeal. We've got three days in Manhattan beforehand, staying at The Iroqouis - Gus is currently devouring guidebooks as he plans every waking moment....

Brian - only if we accidentally don't get off in Southampton :D

Rotterdam - sometimes size does matter ;) I read your review - it sounds like you had a mixed cruise; we'll be happy as long as Cunard is better than Costa...we took my kids on the Mediterranea last year...big mistake. We'll stick with NCL or RCCL for the family vacations, Gus and I prefer Celebrity or SeaDream, which we are doing in December. This cruise was a last minute impulse buy - just can't resist a bargain, and the idea of a transatlantic does appeal. We've got three days in Manhattan beforehand, staying at The Iroqouis - Gus is currently devouring guidebooks as he plans every waking moment....

Xander...we did teh Costa Med a few years back....we lived on our aft balcony - but I understand your view....we did have fun on QM2 - as we usually do..so I hope the same for you & Gus...btw - the ship was 50% European - I really enjoy that...people were out using all the facilities & having fun.....the Noordam last year was worse than a funeral when no one shows w/ bad food......

Cha cha cha

• 2 weeks later...

tehre is so much to choose from...but the Meat Packing District is very hip & we like Park Avenue South area...Grammercy Tavern is one of my favorite restaurants & the W Union Square is great for drinks...Soho is also making a come back.....

we have an apt in teh Washington Square area - which is very Edith Wharton- esque - w/ lots of townhouses..NYU is there & Bleecker Street is now the hot shopping area for teh girls from teh upper east side...let me know what you guys like & I'll point you in that direction.....

Archived