Back From R/T Hawaii Feb. 16 - Mar. 2 on Diamond

Kathy53

Just returned from this cruise and it was FANTASTIC!. The weather was glorious other than some rain in Honolulu; the seas were very calm - some chop and swells here and there but all in all, very pleasant. The itinerary was great and the ship beautiful. The staff were amazing. I'm planning on writing a review once I settle back into reality. You could never be bored on those sea days as there was always something to do. We loved our mini-suite on the Emerald deck (E721) and certainly got our exercise coming and going from our cabin to mid ship and beyond. The long hallway seemed daunting especially when we were tired but The Diamond is a very large ship so it comes with the territory. But, for those of you getting ready for this cruise, I hope you love it as much as we did. We were first time Princess cruisers and would definitely sail on Princess again.

Kathy,

This is great to hear!! I am on the 4/1 sailing. Was also on the 10/4/07 sailing. We love this itinerary and it will be my third time to Hawaii on Princess. Glad you had calm seas -- I hope they stay that way for us.

I can't wait to read your detailed review! :D

Looking forward to your review!

We are near the front of the ship for our upcoming voyage, and I'm consoling myself about the daunting walks by telling myself you measured the distance in Kilometers instead of Miles, which just made the hallway SEEM longer...;) :D

Glad you had a great trip. We were in E731 on the cruise before yours. I'm still longing to be back on the ship. Yes, I agree, it was a wonderful trip -- and we had crummy weather. Linda (was in E721 with us) said you had Angel as your steward. Good, huh? Know what you mean about the exercise walking. For me the upside was that I didn't gain a pound! Did you take ukulele lessons? I thought Elua was fabulous! I bought their CD and play it in my car constantly. (I can't get Tiny Bubbles out of my head.)

I'm anxious to read your review. It will bring back wonderful memories. I'm still excited about everything and wish all who are leaving soon as much fun as we had.

Aloha,

Susan

Thanks for writing about our favorite cruise! We've been twice on the Island and once on Diamond. Just wish they would do this itinerary in summer months too. I know our family would love it. Will be anxious to read your review.

We love cabins in the aft area of the Diamond size ships too! I insist to DH that we choose a main deck to avoid walking the length of decks with only cabins on them! Makes the walk more interesting and seem shorter!!

I look forward to reading your review and reliving this wonderful cruise. The last three member reviews of this ship on this itinerary were awful. I just can't imagine that those three people were on the same ship that I was!!

From everything I've read they still haven't gotten the disembarkation straightened out. I'm really disappointed about that because there is such an easy fix to the problem!

Just returned from this cruise and it was FANTASTIC!. The weather was glorious other than some rain in Honolulu; the seas were very calm - some chop and swells here and there but all in all, very pleasant. The itinerary was great and the ship beautiful. The staff were amazing. I'm planning on writing a review once I settle back into reality. You could never be bored on those sea days as there was always something to do. We loved our mini-suite on the Emerald deck (E721) and certainly got our exercise coming and going from our cabin to mid ship and beyond. The long hallway seemed daunting especially when we were tired but The Diamond is a very large ship so it comes with the territory. But, for those of you getting ready for this cruise, I hope you love it as much as we did. We were first time Princess cruisers and would definitely sail on Princess again.

I am booked back there in those mini's also.... good to know it will keep the cruise-food weight off!! ;)

Reading you're little mini review makes the next 28 days feel like FOREVER!!! thanks for the info though!!! :D

Glad you had a great trip. We were in E731 on the cruise before yours. I'm still longing to be back on the ship. Yes, I agree, it was a wonderful trip -- and we had crummy weather. Linda (was in E721 with us) said you had Angel as your steward. Good, huh? Know what you mean about the exercise walking. For me the upside was that I didn't gain a pound! Did you take ukulele lessons? I thought Elua was fabulous! I bought their CD and play it in my car constantly. (I can't get Tiny Bubbles out of my head.)

I'm anxious to read your review. It will bring back wonderful memories. I'm still excited about everything and wish all who are leaving soon as much fun as we had.

Aloha,

Susan

I too had a great cruise and was on the same sailing as Susan (Aloha Susan). Glad to hear that you guys had great weather, did you really not get any rain in Hilo?

I look forward to reading your review and reliving this wonderful cruise. The last three member reviews of this ship on this itinerary were awful. I just can't imagine that those three people were on the same ship that I was!!

From everything I've read they still haven't gotten their disembarkation straightened out. I'm really disappointed about that because there is such an easy fix to the problem!

Yes, you are so correct about the Diamond Disembarkation. Management is 100% at fault!! We were on the Feburary 1-16 (Diamond) Hawaii cruise, and it was really a great cruise until the most HORRIBLE/DANGEROUS Disembarkation. (The same nightmare Disembarkation occurred on the prior curise to ours, so the Officers/Staff were aware of a repeat on our cruise and did nothing to prepare.) All 2,600 passengers on our cruise disregarded their assigned times to come to Immigration (on board) and all came at 7:30am creating a horrific safety/fire issue with lines of people from the bow to the stern of the ship all on the 7th floor, and in all the stairways of the ship with absolutely NO OFFICERS/STAFF to check colored tags designating time to be in line, or to redirect those back to their assigned lounges. People that were finally cleared (many missed their flights)to disembark had to cut through the massive lines of people waiting to go through Immigration which caused much hostility, panic, pushing and shouting. Not a way to end a beautiful cruise. Princess needs to get their DISEMBARKATION Act together!! This was the very WORST Disembarkation that we have encountered of the 40 plus cruises we have taken. Yes, very simply, the OFICERS/STAFF on the Diamond should have stopped this dangerous problem, and they did not. This clearly shows they are not capable of handling a true EMERENGENCY!! Won't be sailing on the DIAMOND or Princess anytime soon!! I value my safety first and foremost, not being a Princess Elite Platinum Member that we are!!

We are contemplating the round-trip Princess Golden cruise out of LA for next February 4th, 2009. I've heard that the seas can be kind of rough so it was nice to see that you reported "calm" seas. (The Golden is the only Princess ship sailing to Hawaii at that time.) I guess you would recommend this trip during the month of February, right? This will be our first Princess cruise.......

Archived