Looking for a good hotel

Beanjar

Hi,

In May, my wife and I are flying into MIA from London and we need to stay overnight before joining the ship the next afternoon at Fort Lauderdale.

There appear to be many options available, but I am looking for somewhere that perhaps offers transfers and a comfortable peaceful night stay to recover from the journey. Any suggestions and recommendations would be much appreciated.

'Beanjar' - Guernsey, UK

the courtyard by marriott ft lauderdale airport/cruiseport has transportation. breakfast is available, but not generally included in the rate.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllht-courtyard-fort-lauderdale-airport-and-cruise-port/

they will take you to the port in the AM. there is a seafood restaurant in the Bass Pro Shops store adjacent and there are places that deliver.

http://www.fishcompany.com/locations_daniabeach.aspx

You could take supershuttle from MIA to the hotel in FLL. (big blue vans-no reservations needed...you would have to call for info as they do not quote south Fla fares on line....

www.supershuttle.com

there are lots of options....read through this board....this question comes up all the time....

i have stayed at the renaissance as well...nice enough, but no transfers (cab is less than $10 US, as it is almost across from the port!)

i think the HyattPlace also will transport you to the pier...this hotel was formerly an amerisuites. hyatt took them over and turned all into HyattPlaces...they are VERY nice. (and honestly look EXACTLY like the website!)

www.hyattplace.com

You should get up to Fort Lauderdale after your arrival at MIA and spend the night there. Then no worries getting to the pier the next day, either by hotel's shuttle or taxi. May is low season and you should be able to get a good price at the Hyatt Pier 66 by bidding on Priceline only for a 4 star in the Fort Lauderdale Beach zone. Read the sticky at the top of the page, and look for several threads about the Hyatt. Ask for a tower room facing the port.

Archived