Thank you Southwest Airlines for Saving Our Cruise!

tip

I have a HUGE problem with people who are rude to others. I'm always amazed at the people who think yelling, screaming and cussing will get them anywhere.

Southwest has worked with me on several things before. It's one of the reason I fly them.

Delta is another that worked with me. My Air Pacific flight from Fiji was delayed due to a bat hitting the plane. I was switching to Delta in LAX to get to Brimingham. Delta didn't have to do this, as it wasn't their problem. But when I called them from Fiji and explained what was happening, I was confirmed on a later flight and put on stand by for an even later flight. At no charge. Northwest and Alaska made their pax purchase new tickets at the current fare. They would not help those people at all. When I got to the ticket counter in LAX, I produced my ID and printed out my boarding pass. Now others that didn't call and waited until they got to the Delta counter have a whole other story.

Did you send a letter to Southwest praising the actions of their agent? If not, do so. I will bet that you get a response, So, if you have not already done so, write a letter to Southwest praising the efforts of their employee (even if you did not get her name). The emmployee, or at least their work location will receive recognition for a job well done.

Yesterday was my first full day back and I most certainly sent a letter to Southwest. I was sure to get the name and employee number of the ticket agent who helped me!

"TIP" The original poster!

What a great story.....I've always believed that you get more fly's with honey than vinegar. ;)

Great story OP and happy to hear you made your cruise. :) While I totally agree that being nice and calm will get you far, I've never understood why someone would actually want to catch flies??? :D

Archived