Sunless Tans

janetz

I'm a big fan of Mystic. You walk in, it sprays you, you dry off and go home. Next morning, you have a nice even tan. With all the lotions an what not, you really can't so many of the areas well by yourself.

Unfortunately, the salon that has Mystic isn't as close as I'd like. I did just receive a coupon though for 3 visits for $35.00. That certainly would make it worth the trip!

For those of you that have never used it, start light until you see how it takes. Sometimes, it's unnerving to see yourself "tan" for the first time.

I have used tanning salons a few times but refuse to sign up regularly because they just dont work. I never get a tan in them. I dont understand how some people go in and maintain a tan. Coming out I too an red/pink but that fades really quick and I'm back to being pale. Yet, I go back once in a while hoping that it will work. I tan this best in natural sunlight but unfortunally with the weather that NY has been having lately I havent been able to. Once I am a little tan I know I won't burn. It's a bit unnerveing thinking that I might burn while on vacation because its bound to ruin the whole trip.

What kind of tanning salons have the Mystic spray tan? I'm not really sure if any of the ones in my area do. I have considered going in for a airbrush tan but I'm not sure how long that will last. I have tried the spray tan where you walk in and while standing get spray for about 5 seconds - but then when you get out you have to make sure to rub it in right. If you don't you end up with some spots darker than others. That really is not flattering.

:( I guess I just have to remember to apply sun block as often as possible.

Thanks for the feedback!

Go into your google search and type in "Mystic Tan". The main website will pop up with a bar below it that let's you choose "Locations". Click onto that and it will give you all of the places nearby that offer the Mystic Tan. In AZ I pay about $19 per session. I am not looking for a dark tan, just something that makes me a little less noticeable on the beach. For other spray tan questions I refer back to Heather, the spray tanning goddess. She has been able to answer all of my questions.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If your Fake Bake is green when it comes out of the tube, it's time to toss it! Some Fake Product have expiration dates stamped on them and others don't, and I found out the hard way about the undated ones:eek:. Fake Bake is a weird color to begin with, but when it gets old - yuck. Think diapers:eek::eek:.

• 2 weeks later...

So I read through all 23 pages of this, and I have to say that I am trying to decide between a few different sunless tanners (Fake Bake, Drench and SUN) for my cruise in Feb. I don't want to be too dark in the winter, but I also hate wearing a swimsuit while totally white. Planning to try one out in a couple of weeks (gotta start with the exfoliation process first).

ALSO: found this site while searching (not sure if it still works, but I submitted my info so we'll find out) for a free sample of SUN Labs Self Tanner

http://www.sungoddess.us/freesample.html

I'm not new to self tanning; my mom has ben doing it since the 80s (when it wasn't so fashionable, lol) because her skin burns and peels. I have seen her become orange once or twice, and also seen the random splotches on the hands or arms in addition to the dark elbows and knees. SO glad to see how far the products have come since those days!!

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread. Thanks for all the good info. I'm looking for the best price on the Fake Bake lotion online, the site DH (I think it was her) posted the FB is sold out. Any other reputable places? I did check Amazon, but wasn't sure which seller I should go with.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I have studied this whole thread on tanning and had my first mystic tan experience. I did everything I was supposed to. I listened intently to the mystic tan technician. After being sprayed, I "blotted" my body as quickly as possible with the supplied towel. I'm sitting here with with my sons girlfriend with tanners remorse. It's been three hours and 15 minutes and we don't feel like were any tanner than before, however we both have streaks down our legs apparently from not blotting fast enough. HELP. Are we gonna look like freaks on our cruise that leaves in one week?

You can minimize the streaks by rubbing lightly with alcohol. However, if you are really streaked, as in major "paint drip size" run, you might be better off scrubbing it all off. You will still have color tomorrow, but much lighter than you originally hoped for. I have always been told to rub the tanning spray in, not blot and with the exception of one time when I didn't rub, I have never had streaks - and that's when I used the rubbing alcohol to remove the excess. Good luck. Just one more reason to do a "trial run" before the event when you want to be tan:)

Well it's the next morning and the steaks are still there. I will try the rubbing alcohol but it may be too late. Hopefully by next week it will be gone enough not to show up too bad.

Question: Leaving in one week. Should I do this process again two more times or just one more time the night before we leave? I can't really say I have a deep tan, I still am kinda white.

Also should I maybe switch to airbrush tanning for a more controlled tan? As in no streaks and I have a lot of dark patches from where I guess I didn't blot enough. Looks weird.

Also, am I understanding you to say that you rub this stuff in after being sprayed? Don't "blot" the excess that is all drippy.?

Archived