Got to meet Murray (Yukon)

Gibson Gambler

What a real pleasure - we got to meet Murray. I had read on the threads that Murray was going to be on vacation. I had made a copy of his Photo Road Log of the South Klondike Highway. Four of us rented a car out of Skagway on September 3. What a beautiful ride it was to Emerald Lake. We knew that Cinnamon Cache was closed (by Cruise Critic threads) and decided to stop off in Carcross for some coffee and donuts on the way back from Emerald Lake.

We stopped at the General Store and had some coffee and muffins. Got to talk to the man behind the counter and said we had driven up to Emerald Lake. He asked if we ever went on cruise critic and I said yes - at that point he said he was Yukon (Murray). I was so excited - I even made my husband go out to the car and bring in the copy of his road log. I mentioned I thought he was going on vacation (which he was - leaving the next day for Juneau). It sure did make my day. We had traveled all the way from SC to Alaska - what were the chances that we would get to meet Murray. Just so you know, he was a real gentleman and it was such an honor to meet him.

Thanks again Murray, for making my day and such a lovely trip.

That is awesome!

I was impressed when I went to the Carcross Visitor Center - I asked if they knew where Yukon was and they said "we saw him 10 minutes ago in the (ice cream) store across the street". I then went over there and found him. It is like meeting a "local celebrity". Yukon has provided such great advice, directions, everything to this board the past several years - it is wonderful to finally meet this very nice person!

And Yukon - you live in a very beautiful place!

Sincere thanks to both of you - and all the others I met. The truly lucky ones here at CC, though, are Koo Hook and I - living out in "the middle of nowhere", and being able to share our love of this land with people from all over the world, and then to actually meet some of them.

Murray

Archived