Babysitting on Carnival

ILFAN11

I understand there is a time in the morning where we can go with our daughter to camp carnival and play with her. And I also understand there is group babysitting from 10:00pm - 3:00am. I was wondering if we can take her to camp carnival/nursery for babysitting during our dinners or during the nightly show? I would assume if we can there is the $6/hour fee but I'm confused as to whether it's even offered during dinner and show times.

Camp Carnival has activities scheduled all day long, free of charge, for the various age groups. How old is your daughter? There are a few activities during the cruise that parents can participate in but most of the time you just sign your child in and come back later to get her. The Camp does close during lunch and dinner but there are times when the kids can go (supervised) to dinner as a group to the buffet area. The only time the $6/hr fee applies is after 10pm.

I understand there is a time in the morning where we can go with our daughter to camp carnival and play with her. And I also understand there is group babysitting from 10:00pm - 3:00am. I was wondering if we can take her to camp carnival/nursery for babysitting during our dinners or during the nightly show? I would assume if we can there is the $6/hour fee but I'm confused as to whether it's even offered during dinner and show times.

The babysitting is ONLY in a group and ONLY from 10 pm until 3 am. So, that means no sitting during dinner. If you want to go to a very late show, which means a show after 10pm, then you can take your child to the club (BTW, there is no nursery) for an hourly charge.

My question was probably not stated very well. Sorry : (

I just assumed we could pay for our daughter - 16 months to stay in the "camp" during our dinner/show time. Our dining is supposed to be the 8:00pm dining - which would mean our normal show is at 10:30 - correct?!?! Most of the time they have two shows - correct? One at like 8:00pm and one at 10:30pm? We were planning to try taking her to dinner with us the first night and if it didn't work then we would pay for the babysitting during dinner the other nights. I do understand now that the babysitting is only from 10:00pm - 3:00am though. Thank you to all of you for your posts. You are most helpful. Just out of curiosity - how did 6rugrats know how old our daughter was?

Your show, if you're at late dinner, is early while those who have early dinner have their show during the late seating time. So, usually, you're show is at 7:30 or 7:45 and your dinner is at 8:30, so you'll either have to miss the show or take your child with you. Sometimes, there's only one show, and that will be late, but for most shows, if you're at late seating dinner, your show is before you have dinner. And no, you cannot just pay for Camp Carnival to babysit your child whenever. That's not a service that's offered.

Just out of curiosity - how did 6rugrats know how old our daughter was?

I bet you can figure this out if you think hard:rolleyes:

If you understand that babysitting isn't available until 10:00 pm, why are you still saying you will just pay for babysitting during your dinner (8:00 pm) if taking the baby to dinner doesn't work? cruisead has explained babysitting and show times very well.

I only meant our "orginal" plan was to take her "camp" during dinner - I understand that is not an option now. I kind of had two posts going there for a while. I couldn't find the first one after I posted it so I posted this one a couple days later.

I did read someone's capers they posted and the show times were:

Sat - 10:30pm

Sun - 8:45pm & 10:30pm

Mon - 7:00pm & 8:45pm

Tues - 7:00pm & 8:45pm

Wed - 10:30pm

So, I guess we can get babysitting for three of the shows. The other two we'll have to see how it goes taking her to the show. Thanks everyone for all your help and clarity on the matter.

Archived