Ultimate Balcony Dining for Vegetarians?

DameAtSeaII

Has anyone had experience with UBD when part of your party is a vegetarian? Is the menu SET at filet mignon and lobster tail or is the chef willing to accommodate either all vegetarian or maybe chicken or some sort of fish.

I'm not sure that the person will even be willing pay so much more extra for chicken, fish or just a vegetarian plate.. I called Princess and could not get a definite answer......just 'maybe, probably, don't see why not'. So I thought I would check to see if anyone has this issue. Thanks!

We did the balcony dining on our last cruise and they are very accomodating. We had a large balcony and I wanted to do the dinner for 6 people. They came up that afternoon and made sure the table was perfect.

One in our group did not eat red meat or seafood and they substituted her entree. Another was diabetic and they made sure there was a sugar free dessert. They also let us substitute wine for the some of the champagne.

It was an awesome experience as we sailed away from St Martin.

Hope this helps.

I am a vegetarian and did the breakfast version. They told me when I called Princess to pre-order the quiche they had was vegetarian. It was not (luckily I had my DH test it out before I tried it). I called room service and they made up an omlette for me and brought it up fairly quickly. If you pre-order, I would definately double check once on the ship that your special requests are set to go.

I am a vegetarian and did the breakfast version. They told me when I called Princess to pre-order the quiche they had was vegetarian. It was not (luckily I had my DH test it out before I tried it).

Thanks to all who gave helpful answers. Now we know that it's possible to tweak the menu to not include RED MEAT. I have not met this person and had no idea if she would be willing to pay extra for the experience, but she's on board with it. YEAH!

Now....Rebecca....you called to pre-order? I was under the impression that it could only be done once onboard. What number did you call or was it done by fax?.....also what number.

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed their experience.......we will look forward to it.

My wife doesn't eat meat, but will eat certain kinds of seafood. She ate the crab cakes, the little canapes, they gave her a delicious HUGE pasta dish, and a polish entree called pajarski (SP?). It was like a breaded pork cutlet without the pork. She said it was really good and it looked good. This deal can't be beat as you get a free picture, half bottle of champagne, a huge meal, dessert and coffee and 1 cocktail of choice, and fresh flowers that lasted the whole cruise. (Hint- do it early in the cruise so the flowers are around and don't go to waste for one or two days.)

We had a beautiful night, but it rained a tiny bit(we had a half covered balcony) and we had the treat of a beautiful rainbow. My wife was ecstatic as I surprised her with the whole thing. You will not be disappointed.

Enjoy,

F

Archived