Time change in San Diego

ILFAN11

We are leaving on a cruise out of San Diego - March 22nd. We are on central standard time where we live. At this time San Diego is two hours behind us (9:00am here is 7:00am in San Diego). However, Daylight Savings time starts March 9th. Does anyone know - does San Diego spring ahead an hour as well or will we be three hours time difference after the time change?

Got it. Thanks!

I'm starting to get nervous. We planned for 8:00pm dining because normally we like the late dining. We usually cruise out of Florida which is Eastern Time and an hour ahead of us - so basically we are eating at 7:00pm (to us). However, I just wasn't thinking and with 8:00pm dining out of San Diego we will be eating at what to us feels like 10:00pm. Our adults will have no problem with this. However, I'm not quite sure how to get my daughter on that schedule. She normally eats dinner four hours before that (6:00pm - central time). Any suggestions?!?!!?

My suggestion is not to worry about it. She will adjust, just like adults do. It's only a two hour difference which really is not that much. She's a baby and can't tell time so she won't know there is any difference. I've taken my kids across many time zones, and we when we arrive at our destination, we immediately try to be on that time. That works best for us.

You can give her a snack and wait to feed her at 8 when you eat, or feed her at her regular time and just take her to dinner with you.

Really, this is not a big deal. Let her give you the cues when she needs to eat.

Everything usually works out in the end just fine. Worrying about it is just a waste of time.

I hope you are right. We will probably try the snack route and plan for her to eat when we eat. That will help with the 2 hour dinner. I'm just nervous. This is our first cruise with a baby. We've went with other people's kids but they were at least 4 - so this is my first experience with my own child on a crusie - and a baby/toddler at that. Thanks for all the info.

Archived