Recent "unrest" in Israel

Karkies25

Our cruise in May has two stops in Israel: Haifa (northern Israel) and Ashdod (southern Israel).

With the recent increase in violence, do you think Princess will cancel these ports?

Just wondering....?

I sure hope not...

a friend of mine was on a cruise a few years ago that was scheduled to stop in Israel, but port stops in Turkey and Greece were substituted a few months in advance. That was around the time of the second intifada, and the recent unrest is nowhere near that level.

It's pretty quiet in Israel proper. Ashdod is far enough north from the border to be quiet. Haifa is far enough south from the border to be quiet.

Need a stowaway? I'd love to do that itinerary (except that my family would kill me, each pulling to have the day with me in Tel Aviv and then my friends would never talk to me again because I spent the day with my family and didn't visit them. - I went to University in Jerusalem.)

I think that you will find that the ships would not go there if there was any risk to passengers safety.

that's exactly what I would be worried about...Princess canceling the port stop in Israel (or substituting less interesting ports) when there is only a slight safety risk. In general, I would probably be much more willing to travel in areas of "questionable" safety than the cruiselines themselves.;)

that's exactly what I would be worried about...Princess canceling the port stop in Israel (or substituting less interesting ports) when there is only a slight safety risk. In general, I would probably be much more willing to travel in areas of "questionable" safety than the cruiselines themselves.;)

So would I!

The cruise lines definitely err on the side of caution. I suppose they have to justify even the slightest risk that something could happen.

Archived