Murano's

nicole9s

What is the cost for dining in Murano's? I have read a couple of different things, one being $30/person, others being progressively more, depending on if you have wine pairings, the 'special' menu, etc.

Are the wine pairings worth it? Is it a good pour?

What is customary to tip, in each scenario?

Thanks!

We loved Muranos!

It is a bit expensive, but well worth it if you are on vacationand do not dine out a lot.

We paid about $150. each with the tip included for the wine pairing.

Would do it again in a second, it made the night REALLY special.

Dave:eek:

$30 each for normal...extra $100 each for wine paring plus 15% tip

$145

Cemal is the Maitre"d

I thought Marjan was the Maitre'D as he was taking reservations. Or, is he a waiter as someone else stated?

The pairing is $100? We did the pairing on constellation a couple of years ago and I don't recall it costing that much.

Yes... but I suppose any meal that they bring you a glass of Chateau Lafite Rothschild is likely to cost a pretty penny (or 10,000 of them!!)

Tom

Yes... but I suppose any meal that they bring you a glass of Chateau Lafite Rothschild is likely to cost a pretty penny (or 10,000 of them!!)

Tom

True enough. So the pairing is on top of the $30?

True enough. So the pairing is on top of the $30?

Correct.

I already have my calendar marked for 60 days prior to our Constellation cruise so that I can reserve a table for (likely) 3 evenings.

Tom

Oh nifty! i did not know you could reserve more than one evening.

Well - I have not done my research ... but I assumed that I could book every night if I desired. Perhaps there is some policy which I am not aware of???

Tom

Correct.

I already have my calendar marked for 60 days prior to our Constellation cruise so that I can reserve a table for (likely) 3 evenings.

Tom

Well - I have not done my research ... but I assumed that I could book every night if I desired. Perhaps there is some policy which I am not aware of???

Tom

You can book as often as there is space available.

You can make an advance reservation for one night through the Captain's Club. You must make reservations for other nights after you are on board the ship. Just go down to the specialty restaurant when you get on the ship and you shouldn't have any problem getting additional reservations.

Dave

Marjan is a senior waiter...the normal Maitre'D is Cemal

asst is George

Thanks. Perhaps if I had ran into Cemal or George (instead of Marjan) it would have worked out different and we would have eaten there.

Correct.

Tom

Can you reserve 3 evenings in advance before boarding the ship?

In the past, we've reserved the usual one evening, and then made additional reservations on embarkation day with the maitre'd. But I haven't kept up with this procedure in quite a while, so please advise if things have changed!

Can you still make reservations thru Captain's Club? I called CC 6 weeks before our cruise (Feb 18) & made 2 reservations. Never received an email confirming the reservations (yes, I know, I should have called back to make sure before leaving on our trip) so we ran down to Murano's after boarding & they had no reservations for us. The maitre'd told us that they had discontinued the CC program of calling for advance reservations, that now all reservations had to be made onboard. Hmmm, just wondering if he was covering for CC with that story. Fortunately it didn't matter as he got us our table even tho they were booked almost completely. Just glad that was our first stop after boarding or we might have missed it completely, which would have been a shame as the food & service is fabulous!!!!

Carol

We did Murano last year actually did it twice once was their tasting menu with wine pairing and have to say it was an awesome experience. I never really thought much of cruiseline food but the food quality and service at Murano really surprized me it is one of the best restaurants we ever dined at and the service was spot on. The wine pairing matched the food perfectly. I do not remember what it cost but would do it again.

Hi

I want to to do this but I am truely not too knowledgeable in this area. I would love to go to this restaurant. However, I am not too familiar with the wine pairing. If I decide to just order the dinner it's $30.00 pp, if I choose to have the wine pairing it's additional? What exactly is wine pairing? I know some will roll these eyes with this question, but those who would like to explain it to me in detail I would find it most helpful.

Thank You

Dorene

yes $30 per person, which is suppose to be the tip divided among the staff..

Wine paring is the Menu Exceptional

one extra course and a glass of wine with each course, suggested by the wine steward

It is xtra $100 plus 15% tip = $115 plus the original $30 = $145 each

The wine is excellent

some would be $50 a glass alone

Archived