Anyone Ever Gotten a Great Last Minute Deal?

Iv heard some say they have booked within 24 hours, but its cutting it close. Some will tell you the ship has to have its manifest within 48 hours.

Iv booked several weeks out and gotten good deals, to me that is last minute.

Most ships sail at full capacity lately... so I doubt you will see a last minute deal.

Here are a couple last minute deals sent via e-mail:

Carnival Destiny 7 night San Juan

March 23 Inside $309/ outside $369

Carnival Glory 7 night Port Canaveral

March 22 Inside $539/ Outside $639

I did not check into them since I am a working stiff but there are last minute deals on a lot of ships including Carnival. Lately it seems Princess is showing some excellent last minute deals. Some Internet sites will put you on a last minute cruise deals e-mail.

We have gotten deals 24 hours before and on one cruise a Florida resident said he purchased his cruise that morning.

Is there such a thing?

What's the latest you can book a cruise? (How many days from departure?)

Thanks for any help.

I've heard about them, but have never been able to take advantage of them.

I checked with different sources (PVP, TA friend, etc), and they agreed that these days when all sailings go at 100% capacity, waiting for a last minute deal on a ship and date that you wish to sail on is like playing the lottery.

However, your best chances of finding lower rates will be during the low season (usually during the fall). The best piece of advice is to book as early as possible and then if you see a last minute deal or a rate drop on the cruise you have, request a credit.

I've heard about them, but have never been able to take advantage of them.

I checked with different sources (PVP, TA friend, etc), and they agreed that these days when all sailings go at 100% capacity, waiting for a last minute deal on a ship and date that you wish to sail on is like playing the lottery.

However, your best chances of finding lower rates will be during the low season (usually during the fall). The best piece of advice is to book as early as possible and then if you see a last minute deal or a rate drop on the cruise you have, request a credit.

What we do is book the cruise we really want ahead of time for the week and room we want. Then the rest of the time we play the lottery and when the price is right and it lines up with our vacation we cruise again. I think what happens sometimes is at the final payment deadline they have cancellations prompting deals.

I think what happens sometimes is at the final payment deadline they have cancellations prompting deals.

This is exactly what my TA told me.

There are a lot of deals out there you just have to be flexible or retired:D

My brother got a deal on Princess 7 day Tahiti cruise. $2,000 total included balcony cabin for 2, airfare for 2 from California, hotel and transfers for 2.........

This was 2 weeks before the cruise.......

Archived