Pacific Sun - Wouldn't That Cheese You Off

I'm boarding Pacific Sun for the Cherry Blossom Cruise in about 15 hours and I only just discovered this forum!

One question about the Sun.

I notice there isn't a walk around Promenade deck on the ship. Where do people go for a walk? On the British P&O ships (I've only done Aurora and the old Arcadia <g>) I love doing a 1-2 hour walk every morning, stopping to chat with other passengers on the way.

umm you got a big day tommrrow you should be asleep but

the top level has a walking track from memory any 1 know the deck for it

i dont remember deck names but its the same one as the kids club thing is on

I just came off the Sun and noticed several people would walk / jog on Verandah deck near the funnel.

Have a great cruise! If you end up in Bordeaux dining room with Frank as your waiter, tell him Jo and Jez say hi! :D

Hi Aussie King pin. Have a great time. Will follow your journey on cruise cam. Hope the weather is good to you. Have you done a long cruise before? Are you going with others? Please do a review when you settle back and of course lotsssss of photos. Bon Voyage. Suexxx

You lucky, lucky thing. I would love to do the Cherry Blossom cruise.

As Jo said, there is a walking track around the funnel.

Have a great time, and ignore the negative comments, most of us are jealous as hell. :)

Hi everyone.

the cherry blossom cruise on the Pacific Sun must not be a full ship.

On one of my favourite online TA'S sites they have

Osaka Japan to Sydney , 19 nights, reduced to $1675.00 (down 87%)

You would have to add on your air to Osaka on top of that.

It calls at Yokohama, Iwa Jima (cruising), Saipan Mariana Islands, Guam,Chuuk Micronesia, Rabaul PNG, Brisbane , Sydney.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi everyone.

the cherry blossom cruise on the Pacific Sun must not be a full ship.

On one of my favourite online TA'S sites they have

Osaka Japan to Sydney , 19 nights, reduced to $1675.00 (down 87%)

You would have to add on your air to Osaka on top of that.

It calls at Yokohama, Iwa Jima (cruising), Saipan Mariana Islands, Guam,Chuuk Micronesia, Rabaul PNG, Brisbane , Sydney.

Thats a really good deal! How do you look for specials mid cruise? all the ones I see are only from starting point?

Cheers,Den.

Hi Aussie King pin. Have a great time. Will follow your journey on cruise cam. Hope the weather is good to you. Have you done a long cruise before? Are you going with others? Please do a review when you settle back and of course lotsssss of photos. Bon Voyage. Suexxx

I'm taking my 87 year old mother. She's been doing regular long cruises for the past 30 years. This will be the second one I've done with her since my father died a few years ago.

Last year's cruise on the Aurora is reviewed at:-

http://www.auroracruise.bravehost.com/

BonVoyage.jpg

I'll be like Suexxx, watching your cruise via the Pacific Sun webcam.

Even though you have only been on Cruise Critic for 5 minutes, a detailed review and lots of photos are now expected. :p

Have a great time.

Thats a really good deal! How do you look for specials mid cruise? all the ones I see are only from starting point?

Cheers,Den.

Hi Den, I can't mention their name on here.

but think of that song......I come from a land (.... .....)

and put cruising first.

I have seen sector cruises for Sun Princess's world cruise in July.

Hi Den, I can't mention their name on here.

but think of that song......I come from a land (.... .....)

and put cruising first.

I have seen sector cruises for Sun Princess's world cruise in July.

Tried WWW.Cruising Vegimite sandwich.com.au and come up with nothing??

Only kidding thanks for that.

Den.

Tried WWW.Cruising Vegimite sandwich.com.au and come up with nothing??

Only kidding thanks for that.

Den.

Works for me - just have to spell vegemite correctly.

Nah, only kidding too.

There are some other online sites selling these that come up on a google search. Another one even says that they sell the best cruises.

Also sell local segments of world cruises, like Oriana etc that Neilius has just been on. Not that I am keen to cruise Sydney to Brisbane for the itinerary, but makes for a nice short holiday sampling the competition. These cruises mostly come through our ports in February, so lookout for them from October.

OMG!!!! 42 days on the pacific SUN !!! I would rather eat glass ...

I'd have to disagree. I loved the Sun! There were a few fruity smells every now and then, but I guess you get that with any ship. My opinion is that she's a graet lady of the sea and i'd go on her again without any hesitation :D

My T/a offered me a great bargin on this cherry blossom cruise and i gracefuly declined. She told me I would have a gret time cause it is half empty! Then offered me the osaka leg sorry but it would be a great trip on the dawn but really i did 14 nights on it and i gotta say 42 would be like being in a jail cell. After 14 days the ship just seemed to shrink..

but that is just my opinion. Hopefully Dawnie will do it next year and I will be on it :D

i cant find it atm but where does it go for that long ?

and how do you organise your work holidays that long ?lol

We would also love to do a cruise this long. The only way we could do it at the moment is by NOT taking any leave for at least 2 1/2 years I think :( . As it is, after our cruise in May, no more holidays for us until March next year.

thanks, that looks so nice on that cruise but 42 days on the sun would drive me insane goin up a level along the pokies down to levels or what ever just to get to dinner at like 6 every night.

I just think 42 days without my net connection and my mobile would just be a bit to much i like wait up for ours the last night waitn for it to come back on i know its sad but still

i cant find it atm but where does it go for that long ?

and how do you organise your work holidays that long ?lol

For me it is with long service leave, but I don't know I could spend 6 weeks doing the same sort of thing. Some of the stops look great, but there is more that 25 days at sea which could start to repeat on themselves a bit.

I don't know, Geoff. We spend more than 6 weeks doing the same sort of thing now.

Alarm goes off, we get up, go to work, drive home, cook tea, slump in front of the tv, go to bed, alarm goes off, we get up, go to work...... you get the idea.

Some friends have just booked 120 days cruising around the world. It will cost them $30,000 each. I haven't any more info, but you'd think it would be with Cunard.

Archived