Does Your Captain's Club Status Transfer to Royal Caribbean?

lovely12no

Hello. Quick question for all you savvy Celebrity/RCCI cruisers. Does your Captain's Club elite status transfer over to a Royal Caribbean cruise? If so, what exactly does it do for one? Thanks in advance for taking the time to share your knowledge. I can't tell you how much I have benefited from these boards. It's a fabulous tool.

Susan

Hello. Quick question for all you savvy Celebrity/RCCI cruisers. Does your Captain's Club elite status transfer over to a Royal Caribbean cruise? If so, what exactly does it do for one? Thanks in advance for taking the time to share your knowledge. I can't tell you how much I have benefited from these boards. It's a fabulous tool.

Susan

Hi Loveley :)

To answer your questions..

If you have elite status with Celebrity, you will be able to get the same status (Diamond) with Royal's Crown and Anchor Club.

However, if you have only one credit, it will do nothing until you earn five credits. Then you will be able to get that same status with Royal.

Sky Sweet: when you mention 5 credits, are you refering to Royal? I am elite on X, but only have 4 cruises on Royal.

I do want to try Royal in the future again.

The reciprocal membership at your higher club level only kicks in at the over 5 cruise credit level in at least one of the two lines. You will be diamond on Royal because of your elite (over 10 cruise credits) status with Celebrity.

You do have to let them know that you are elite on Celebrity so they will bump up your status on Royal. You can call the crown & anchor number and get that taken care of.

Note: that you will be diamond on Royal, but will only have 4 cruise credits for them as each line keeps their own count.

We are elite on Celebrity and diamond on Royal even though we have never cruised Royal. When they added the reciprocal membership benefit, I called Crown & Anchor and joined and was given a diamond level membership with no cruise credits.

To be even clearer for you. Once you have reached either Select on X or Platinum on RCCL (5 completed cruise credits) then the reciprocity kicks in.

Biggest benefit of Diamond (Elite) on RCCl is Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class have a Diamond members lounge where the drinks flow freely from about 5-8 PM each evening.

Thanks all for responding. I appreciate your clarity. I have heard folks complain that elite status on X didn't offer many perks when compared to diamond status on RCCI. The diamond lounge is a very enticing perk I would say. Any other perks? Thanks again.

:D Royal Caribbean also gives the following cruise fare discounts (per cabin, not per person) to C&A members for all balconies and suites:

Platinum Balcony discount is,

$50 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$100 for 6-9 nights (not days)

$200 for 10 nights or above (not days)

Diamond and Diamond Plus Balcony discount is,

$100 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$200 for 6-9 nights (not days)

$300 for 10 nights or above (not days)

Not sure if it is applied automatically or if you need to give them a call. This discount is a little sweeter than the X CC one-category upgrade on insides and oceanviews!

Forgive my obtuseness, but how do you go about obtaining the cruise fare discount (as opposed to an OBC?) if you use a TA rather going through directly with the cruiseline? That's pretty darn good I would say, and yes indeed much better than what X offers. Again my sincere thanks for your help!

Forgive my obtuseness, but how do you go about obtaining the cruise fare discount (as opposed to an OBC?) if you use a TA rather going through directly with the cruiseline? That's pretty darn good I would say, and yes indeed much better than what X offers. Again my sincere thanks for your help!

The balcony discount is not applied automatically. Call your T/A and make sure they call RCI and ask for it.

I book directly with the cruise line, then transfer to a TA.

If booking direct, how do I get the discount for balcony cabin (I am Diamond on RCI, Elite on X)?

I did not notice a place on the web site to subtract this discount.

If you are booked directly with the cruiseline, just call (or email) the C&A club and ask the nice folks there for your balcony discount---they will apply the discount to your reservation on the spot. If you are booked with a TA, ask your TA to contact RCL to apply the discount.

Also, be sure to check on the RCL website to see if there are additional discount coupons that may apply to your sailing. These can be applied in addition to the balcony discount.

I'm Diamond Status Crown & Anchor and considering the Solstice, so it looks like I qualify for Elite according to this? Correct me if I'm wrong

Select Member Benefits

Includes all benefits of Classic membership, plus:

Behind-the-Scenes Tours

Chardonnay Blending Seminar

Priority Status for Shore Excursion Waitlist

Senior Officer's Cocktail party

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Platinum Level

Plus all Classic Member Benefits

Elite Member Benefits

Includes all benefits of Classic & Select membership, plus:

Complimentary use of Thalassotherapy Pool on Galaxy and Mercury

Private Shipboard Departure Lounge with Continental Breakfast

Priority Tender Service

Priority Waitlist for Dining Room Seating

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Diamond Level

Plus all Select and Classic Member Benefits

I'm Diamond Status Crown & Anchor and considering the Solstice, so it looks like I qualify for Elite according to this? Correct me if I'm wrong

Select Member Benefits

Includes all benefits of Classic membership, plus:

Behind-the-Scenes Tours

Chardonnay Blending Seminar

Priority Status for Shore Excursion Waitlist

Senior Officer's Cocktail party

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Platinum Level

Plus all Classic Member Benefits

Elite Member Benefits

Includes all benefits of Classic & Select membership, plus:

Complimentary use of Thalassotherapy Pool on Galaxy and Mercury

Private Shipboard Departure Lounge with Continental Breakfast

Priority Tender Service

Priority Waitlist for Dining Room Seating

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Diamond Level

Plus all Select and Classic Member Benefits

Hi SuzieQ :)

You are correct. If you have diamond status with Royal Caribbean, you qualify for elite status with Celebrity.

Hi SuzieQ :)

You are correct. If you have diamond status with Royal Caribbean, you qualify for elite status with Celebrity.

Seems like a good deal to me...1st time cruising on Celebrity w/extra special treatment...

There really isn't that much extra special treatment on Celebrity - due to the fact that you can attain elite status in as little as 4 cruises and the reciprocal membership at that level, the number of elite on board is huge so much so that on our transatlantic they had to break down the elegant tea by deck and other daytime events by dinner seating. The priority embarkation and priority tender can really be a joke when there are so many members at that level aboard that those lines are actually longer than non-member lines.

On our first Celebrity cruise, our Diamond Plus status on RCI gave us Elite status on Celebrity. We called the Captain's Club before we sailed and they issued us Captain's Club membership numbers and our Seapass cards showed us as Elite when we checked in. Benefits were quite limited compared to what we receive when we are onboard RCI ships, but I am pleased at anything that the lines want to give me and don't believe in looking gift horses in the mouth.:)

If you have a good TA, he or she will get you any discounts (Platinum or Diamond, residency, or senior) that you qualify. Just make sure he or she has your membership number and is aware of your status level.:)

When we booked our first cruise on Royal Caribbean after attaining elite status with Celebrity, I was not aware that diamond members were entitled to discounts on balcony cabins. So I booked it with a travel agent, who had special rates on Royal Caribbean Cruises because of all the business she does with them. Then when I found out about the diamond discount, I called that travel agent and she told me that she couldn't give me the diamond discount on my existing booking because it was a special rate. However, since the diamond discount was better than her special rate, she cancelled and rebooked it for me.

There are two reasons why I am sharing this story. One is that you can't depend on a travel agent to give you every discount you are entitled to, even if they have the information, so you need to be your own advocate. Secondly, the special rates that some travel agents have with Royal Caribbean aren't as good as what you can get directly from the cruise line if you have diamond status.

Thanks for starting this thread because I am equally confused about how these credits transfer. I have a total of 6 on =-X-= and 6 on RC. Where does that put me on both lines? Is that a total of 12 for both? That is how I originally understood the process, but now I'm not so sure. Anyone?

PS - One of the better benefits of booking Concierge Class on =-X-=. It counts as another credit. 2 for 1 baby!

Thanks for starting this thread because I am equally confused about how these credits transfer. I have a total of 6 on =-X-= and 6 on RC. Where does that put me on both lines? Is that a total of 12 for both? That is how I originally understood the process, but now I'm not so sure. Anyone?

PS - One of the better benefits of booking Concierge Class on =-X-=. It counts as another credit. 2 for 1 baby!

Hi jt1120 :)

Even though you have a total of 12 credits combined, you only have six credits per cruises line. When you earn 10 credits on either Royal or Celebrity, you will then get the same status on both cruise lines (diamond/elite).

You would be Select in Captain's Club and Platinum in Crown and Anchor. As soon as you get to 10 on either line you will be Elite and Diamond.

Thanks, ACC and Sky Sweet. I remember when I first started cruising, I was under the impression that they did combine. Guess I didn't know for sure. So if I understand you correctly, prior to my last =X= cruise (when I was at 4 total), my six on RC had already moved me up to Select?

:confused:

• 8 years later...

Just got off the phone with RCCL they say that elite gets you nothing on RCCL and that you must earn the RCCL status with RCCL cruises alone.

I'd talk to RCCL management but the wait times are enormous and often the personnel on the ships know more than the head office anyway.

RCCL and most head office training is inadequate and the marketing people are making understanding a cruise and the benefits more complicated than the tax code. It is getting like the airlines prices and flights change in minutes.

Sorry you got an untrained . It's all spelled out on both Royal's and Celebrity's website.

Yes you can only EARN status on Royal by sailing on Royal and you can only EARN status on Celebrity by sailing in Celebrity BUT that's not all there is to it.

If you are Diamond on Royal you can get a courtesy status of Elite on

Celebrity just by asking.

There is a reciprocity on the two lines and it should be something the CSR should know