If you were visited by the upgrade fairy

:D Just this week we received an upgrade for our 23 Mar cruise. We went from a D1 to an Owners Suite.. The upgrade fairly was certainly in attendance..:cool: Now what do we do on all our other cruises. We will never be able to afford an Owners Suite on our own:eek:

Now what do we do on all our other cruises. We will never be able to afford an Owners Suite on our own:eek:

Pray to the upgrade fairy daily? I'm in the same predicament with my mother. On her first cruise, I played upgrade fairy and upgraded us to a grand suite. Well for her next cruise, the upgrade fairy did visit and gave us an Owner's Suite. I'm really afraid that for any future cruises she's going to expect the Royal Suite.

Pray to the upgrade fairy daily? I'm in the same predicament with my mother. On her first cruise, I played upgrade fairy and upgraded us to a grand suite. Well for her next cruise, the upgrade fairy did visit and gave us an Owner's Suite. I'm really afraid that for any future cruises she's going to expect the Royal Suite.

Alas...I think you might be right!!:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

On our Radiance cruise to Hawaii, we booked a balcony guarantee, meaning an E3 at least. We were "upgraded" to an E1 and got one of the cabins right on the back end of the hump, with a larger balcony. We just moved up to Diamond members (this will be our first cruise as diamond), so I think it helped us w/our C&A status to get a great location. We are very pleased with this location. We found out 1 day after booking, our cabin assignment.

On our HAL Westerdam cruise, we booked a balcony guarantee, lowest category. About 2 weeks before cruising, we were offered a 25% refund to go to an oceanview cabin. We refused the offer. (only paid about $749. pp, and wasn't worth the price difference). We flew out a day early, and still didn't know our cabin number. The night before we cruised, we checked w/our TA, and she had finally gotten our cabin assignment. We were assigned the highest balcony category, all the cabins were the same size, just location. We were very pleased with the cabin we had.

Who is this upgrade fairy you speak of? I've never met her...always got exactly what I booked!:rolleyes:

Same here but I'm not complaining. I always book the room I want and am happy with that.

I would be VERY worried if they told me at the pier I had been upgraded and not being able to know what the room was like until 1pm. What if I hated it? Could I really complain about it - I doubt they would move me, then I'd be crabby, hate my vacation...come to CC, complain, get flamed, etc etc. Not a good situation. lmao

. . . but we booked a PR on the Voyager for $1775 (cabin total). Right after final was due there was an E1 guarantee for $1735 and we upgraded. Next I called C&A for the $300 balcony discount. Now we’re at $1435. Then RCI gives back the fuel surcharge in OBC. If you subtract that we’re down to $1305. Lastly, when we went in to book shore excursions, we found that we’d been assigned a D1 cabin.

*Final total - $1305 for 13-nights in a D1 ($50.19 per person/per night including all taxes and ports).

I guess we did good.

We've had it happen both ways. One time we were upgraded and saw it on the web site and one time upgrade at the port in Barcelona to a suite, nice.

Same here. We've had it happen both ways but more times being notified before hand.

We were upgraded on our Alaska cruise last May. We had a starboard hump originally and were upgraded to a port JS. Since we were sailing Northbound, I wanted the starboard cabin, so I called RCCL and asked for my original cabin back, which they had no problem doing. In hindsight, I should have asked if there was a starboard JS available!

I'm hoping that the upgrade fairy will not hold this against me and will visit me again one day in the near future (hopefully in the next 9 days!!!):D

There was a post earlier that someone would ask at check in if there were any upgrades available, then again shortly after departure. Does this work? Would there be any money to pay out for the upgrade?

Yes, you still have to pay whatever the difference is.

Ricko: Did you have to pay any further monies for this upgrade?

I am having a discussion with another member and I insist that most upgrades given by the fairy are free of charge. Did your sea pass account get a hit?

No we did not have to pay anything. :D

Archived