No Port charges on bill - what does this mean?

ms simba

I have my reservation confirmation from Carnival but it doesn't say anything on it about Port Charges. Is this included in their price? Someone at Carnival said yes but I am just checking. Don't want to be hit with an unexpected charge when I leave the ship

Some are in the cruise price and some are in the Taxes and Fees. Depends where you are going. Don't forget that $1.97 for Miami. You can get a printout sometimes from your PVP, but they are not to do it. Just went thru this on our new bookings for Jan 09. Don't really matter you have to pay it or not go. and we want to go. :D I now just look at the end price.

Just for fun some are in your price and some show. We have been paying these charges just that they have been in the price of the cruise. So it don't really matter where it shows.

Cruise price

Non commissionable charges

Intl Dep cruise only TAX

Goverment fees

Immigration TAX

Fuel Supplement

If you go to Miami $1.97 emberk charge

cruise lines had a settlement with the attorney general of florida in 1997 over port fees. here is a quote from that settlement "Six cruise ship lines operating out of Florida ports will pay a total of $295,500 and revise their advertising policies to settle allegations that they misled consumers about cruise costs, Attorney General Bob Butterworth announced today.

Under the agreements, the cruise lines can no longer charge customers any fees in addition to the advertised initial ticket price except those fees actually passed on by the company to a governmental agency" so they now just bundle it in the taxs part of the bill. this is also why they should not be able to tack on a fuel surcharge but don't get me started on that:rolleyes:

here is a link to the whole settlement http://myfloridalegal.com/__852562220065EE67.nsf/0/32973A68E1B5BC5C85256435004EF6B1?Open&Highlight=0,carnival

Whenever I book a cruise w/my PVP, she says "Your total is $_____, which includes taxes, fees, and port charges." Does that help?

Just to clarify if you could? Does that mean that the fuel charges are included in your final payment..or do these show up on your onboard account? I booked and paid for my upcoming April cruise a couple of weeks ago...thanks :)

"Port Charges" are in with "Non Commissionable Charges"

thank you. Yes, fees and taxes dont come close to covering port charges which seem to run on average a little over $50 a port.

There was a class action law suit about adding them on later and they run so much folks said it was misrepresenting the cost of the cruise not to show them in the price.

Archived