Cruises w/cabin for family of five?

brzymom

Hello cruise critics--I am sure this has been asked before, so please excuse if its a repeat--I have been looking and do not see an answer to my question:

What cruise lines, if any, can accomodate a family of five in one cabin/suite?

Years ago we sailed on the Celebrity Century and they had such a cabin, I do not mind if we move up to suite, because the fares for 3/4/5 in cabin would more than offset the higher price for the first two. Since kids can't share a cabin alone, and me & dh prefer to be in same cabin, if we can find such an option it may be the best thing for us. My kids are 20, 18 & 16, so am sure this is not their idea of fun, but I'd rather be able to keep an eye on them all!!

Carnival shows fares for 3/4/5 in cabin, but most cabins/suites only seem to be for four.

RCCL has suites for 5. For some reason, the cruiselines that do have those cabins don't list them on their site or they are already sold out.

SO the easiest way to find out the 5 person suites is to call RCCL directly and ask about them. They can give you availability.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I noted that when I was doing a search on Carnival and put in five it could not give me answers, but when I put in 4 it did!! So calling direct may be my best option--and planning ahead!!

Disney's category 4 are family cabins and will sleep 5- they can be booked through their website. Their suites (cat. 1-3) also fit 5 - cat 1&2 sleep more- but all suites need to be booked by calling Disney direct or through your TA.

As others have mentioned you could also try connecting cabins on any cruise line & just keep the connecting door open. Or most lines offer suites but need to be booked by calling them rather than through their website.

Good luck- enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much CruisinMama06--I just knew it had to be here somewhere, but heaven knows what all the thousands of threads on this board if I ever would have found it on my own!!

Not sure if Disney is the right cruise for me with my kids ages--20, 18 & 16!

Carnival Triumph has rooms for 5. We were in an inside quad. It had two uppers and we had the bottoms made into a queen. I was looking for something under the queen and there was another bed folded up. We talked to a family we had five in an inseid cabin. I would just call and ask.

Hi Tricia - Do you still have PCD like me? I keep thinking that 2 weeks ago today I was still aboard Valor...shouldn't I be there still?:D

I posted in the original thread that cruisinmoma06 found - we put the five of us in a balcony cabin on Carnival Victory twice. You can do that on Destiny and Fantasy class ships, but Conquest and Spirit class ships come under different regulations and you can only put four in a cabin - no rollaways.

Archived