Reserving dinner at The Supper Club

dancing

We reserved in October for our 2/17 cruise on Valor. Certainly it's not necessary to book that far in advance - I just wanted to try the online booking. We received a prompt e-mail confirmation and they delivered a reminder card to our cabin the day of our reservation. The night we went to Scarlett's there was a good crowd, but there were some empty tables.

Thanks for the information. I was just going to post similar questions!

How long does it take for supper? Since it's more upscale, I assume it will take longer then in the dinning room (which is fine). I'm curious if we can still do the show as well as supper. Does anyone know what time the shows are on the Freedom? If supper takes a few hours, then we might have to skip the show that night.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the supper club offers vegetarian entrees?

According the menu that I have seen, no unfortunately. I am surprised about that since they offer plenty of vegetarian entrees in the regular dining room

How long does it take for supper? Since it's more upscale, I assume it will take longer then in the dinning room (which is fine). I'm curious if we can still do the show as well as supper. Does anyone know what time the shows are on the Freedom? If supper takes a few hours, then we might have to skip the show that night.

Thanks!

It takes about 2 1/2 hours. If you go to a 6PM seating you can go to the late seating show.

Thanks!

I suggest you plan on a few hours for dinner, longer if its a big group. Make your reservation time accordingly so you can go to the show, or go to the later show.

Really? 2 1/2 hours for dinner? I was thinking of doing the supper club on Splendor but didn't realize it takes so long.. Any reason for it taking longer then the regular restaurant?

Because it's fine dining, and fine dining they don't rush, and you rest in between courses and maybe dance with your partner. Dine at your leisure. :D

It really does take all of 2 1/2 hours. We had 7:15pm reservations. We were out of there at almost 10pm. We did it a couple weeks ago on the Carnival Freedom. We were done. We kind of waited for desert and coffee. Food was very good. We have done it on most of the cruises.

I really wish they did have a vegetarian entree. :( There is always one offered each night in the dining room, but I sometimes don't like it. It's like they think that if you don't eat meat you will like whatever one vegetarian option there is when in reality I like to have choices just like everyone else. Oh well, maybe they will change that in the future.

Sorry if we are being overcautious......

Just looking at this Supper Club thing and the link to reserve a table.......

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=28

Is this legit? And why would you not be able to do direct through carnival.com

Thanks

Col & Sue

It is legitimate. Some of the folks in Miami who work with John Heald on his blog set it up. I think eventually you will be able to book through carnival.com - there's a place for it when you go to your reservation (under "Plan Activities") but it's not working yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived