Liquor Smugglers Beware~!! (Multi-ship experiences - merged)

Gee Kathy

You must have had a rough crowd on your cruise;)

It was Jim...............Actually,it was the cruise previous, therefore the crackdown..they put bubble stuff in the hot tubs.........stole liquor bottles from Schooner Bar,destroyed stuff,etc............stupid punks......:mad:

So, I have a question, if I have young children, who need to go to bed earlier, can my husband buy us a bottle of wine for us to enjoy on our balcony while they sleep during spring break???

Just so I know what to expect. Thanks.

So, I have a question, if I have young children, who need to go to bed earlier, can my husband buy us a bottle of wine for us to enjoy on our balcony while they sleep during spring break???

You can always preorder on www.rccl.com gifts and gears.......it will be waiting for you when you get onboard...

It was Jim...............Actually,it was the cruise previous, therefore the crackdown..they put bubble stuff in the hot tubs.........stole liquor bottles from Schooner Bar,destroyed stuff,etc............stupid punks......:mad:

I hear ya.............you know with varying dates of Spring break anymore, you just never know WHEN it might occur. We sail April 6th and I just hope we planned enough time for most of the Spring Breaks to be over.:confused:

I didn't know you could buy a whole bottle to drink at one time, either in the bar or in your cabin.

Yes, in the past we could buy a bottle at any bar, and then take that into dinner. Or buy a bottle in the dining room and take it with us back to our room. This was never a problem in the past, just curious as it will be spring break when we cruise next.

Ahh, but were you doing that during a Spring Break cruise. I think that's the difference. usuall you can, but during Spring Break, at least on the newer ships that may attract the young crowd more, they won't let you out of the bar with a drink in your hand.

Why are you all give out such misinformation. I just came back from a spring break cruise and I could carry my purchased drink anywhere I wanted to.

Nobody says anything if you take your drink from one place to another even to your cabin.

Of course. My wife always took the leftover bottle from dinner into the stateroom.

Why are you all give out such misinformation. I just came back from a spring break cruise and I could carry my purchased drink anywhere I wanted to.

Nobody says anything if you take your drink from one place to another even to your cabin.

Dont be calling me a liar..............I know what happened to us. Why would I say that if it wasnt true?

Were you on THAT particular cruise she was talking about??

Dont be calling me a liar..............I know what happened to us. Why would I say that if it wasnt true?

Did you see who I responded to? DID YOU SEE THE QUOTE I RESPONDED TO?

Here

Ahh, but were you doing that during a Spring Break cruise. I think that's the difference. usuall you can, but during Spring Break, at least on the newer ships that may attract the young crowd more, they won't let you out of the bar with a drink in your hand.

I highlighted it for you.....

EDIT: I responded to a post who was not talking about a particular ship or cruise but generalized on spring break cruises.

But you did say YOU ALL are giving out misinformation......

It was addressed to that poster and all those who support his/her statement.

If you agree with that posters statement (the way he/she generalizes it) than you belong in there as well. If you are just speaking based on your experience on a particular cruise and/or ship then you do not belong into the category "you all". ;)

How thoroughly are they going through your luggage? I can see if they pop open the suitcase and there's a bottle sitting on top or right under something, but I'd imagine that some of these people at least tried to hide it in their luggage in a way that wasn't so conspicuous. So, are they really rifling through EVERYTHING in there, going through all of your personal stuff?

How thoroughly are they going through your luggage? I can see if they pop open the suitcase and there's a bottle sitting on top or right under something, but I'd imagine that some of these people at least tried to hide it in their luggage in a way that wasn't so conspicuous. So, are they really rifling through EVERYTHING in there, going through all of your personal stuff?

They x-ray the luggage and can easily spot bottles (irons, too - they confiscate those as well). Not saying they are going to find every one, but . . . .

On this front page, another poster stated that the cabin attentant informed them to hide their liquor in a drawer. If a supervisor (which does come around to check), sees it on the counter, they will take it. However they cannot open the drawers.

This was posted by someone just off the liberty.

The group I was with on LibertyOTS in September packed quite a bit of hooch and none of it was confiscated...all of it was left out and the cabin stewards were very accommodating...Same on the NavOTS this past January. They got lucky both times and we know it. I guess with Spring Break...they were being extra careful.

It was addressed to that poster and all those who support his/her statement.

If you agree with that posters statement (the way he/she generalizes it) than you belong in there as well. If you are just speaking based on your experience on a particular cruise and/or ship then you do not belong into the category "you all". ;)

For the second time today,I have a HUH? for you..:p

NEVER mind really, its all good........

Heck

Two years ago

There was still smart casual night, you could smuggle booze, Early seating was 6pm not 5:30........and gas was $2.25 a gallon:D

Nothing less that what you should expect when you choose to break the RCI rules.

This is nothing new.

There are some cruise lines that allow you to bring a couple of bottles of wine on board if that it important to you (Holland America and Celebrity are ones that I know of).

On HAL, it isn't just a couple of bottles allowed, you can bring a case if you wish.

Archived