cabin 7000?

se305

We have been assigned this cabin for our Sept 13 Italy cruise from Rome and need some feedback because we've never been on a cruise before - Is there a problem being in the extreme front of the ship? I am prone to car sickness so need to be sure of the steadiness of the cabin - HELP!!!!

• 1 month later...
We have been assigned this cabin for our Sept 13 Italy cruise from Rome and need some feedback because we've never been on a cruise before - Is there a problem being in the extreme front of the ship? I am prone to car sickness so need to be sure of the steadiness of the cabin - HELP!!!!

We sailed on Insignia 9/19/07 Athens to Venice, and were in cabin 6000, our friends were in 6001. While the forward view was great coming in and out of ports, affording us beautiful picture opportunities, the balcony could not be used at cruising speed because of the wind. We had a very rough evening and full day at sea. Although we were fine, our friends were very sick. We left the room, because of the pitching and rolling, prefering to spend the day in the library. Loved the cruise by the way, and have booked for '09 on Regatta on the Dover to Rome cruise 9/19/09.......this time on deck 7, mid ship.

How funny. I just found out that I was assigned 6001 and was looking for info on it. I know that there are people who love that spot... does anyone have any photos?

Also, I understand that the drapes have to remain closed all night?

Jana

We were in Cabin 7000 on our most recent cruise.

The downsides - very susceptible to motion, noise from the anchors, had to leave the drapes closed whenever a light was on in the cabin, water came in when the seas were rough, difficult to manuever hallways when the seas were rough (it is a LOOOOOONG walk to get to the elevators and the laundry when the ship is rolling and pitching). The upsides - great views as you enter and leave ports, we enjoyed watching the activity as the crew worked.

We had been told that our balcony was larger. We didn't find that to be true since so much of it is taken up by the way the bulkhead slopes.

Someone else commented about this on another string -- you normally can see between the bars of railings on the balconies on the sides of the ships. The forward and aft cabins have a solid piece of metal as their railing, so you have to stand up to look at the passing scenery.

Archived