OBC question

bubbles1209

Ok, yes we've taken 4 already, #5 is in June, but I can't remember running across this question. When we booked the category 4E for my kids, there was no kind of discount whatsoever on the cabin, and my PVP had told me that when the past guest became available, we would apply it even though it was paid in full. Well, since then, she has quit:( but I understand her reasons, and the PVP she referred us to said that now any price changes and issuance of obc has to be done through a supervisor. My question is to everyone here who has booked so many times is, now there is a past guest discount with a free upgrade, as well as the fact that the cabin is just cheaper to book without the past guest discount. We paid 1019 originally. You can now book the same category without discounts for $969pp. You can also book the same category now with a past guest discount with a free upgrade from a category 4E to a 4G for $869 pp. Now, will they let you get the credit without the upgrade? Or will they just give me the credit in general with no past guest? We don't wish for the free upgrade because we wanted the kids across the hall from us.

There was a recent thread you might find on part of this topic. It apparantly is a new policy once you are past final payment that they have to get a supervisor's ok to give you the refund when the price drops. Just ask for a supervisor and push if you have to if the price has dropped.

They might or might not give you the OBC in lieu of the upgrade, sometimes pushing a little seems to help from posts Iv read, squeaky wheels and all that.

Just call up and ask for a supervisor if thats what is needed.

Firefly, thanks for the reply:) , I understand about the supervisor's part of it all, I was just curious if anyone who had previously booked have been able to get a price reduction that comes with a free upgrade, without taking the upgrade. In other words, could they get the credit for the difference in price without taking the upgrade.

Everything that I've ever read says that already booked cruises do not get the benefit of future discounts.

Whenever I've received a lower price or OBC, it is only for Same-Same scenerios.

For instance, if you book a balcony where Carnival allows you to books the highest Cat balcony for the price of a GTY, and later the price of a GTY without the upgrade goes down, they will refund you the difference, but you will also loose your upgrade. However, if there is a offer like the one in place when you book... but the price is lower, they will drop the price for you and let you keep your upgrade.

Hope I was clear... :p

so you book a cabin without an upgrade, later the same category is cheaper to book but it has a free upgrade. Can you get the obc without taking the upgrade? Issue being we booked this cabin and when we booked there was no past guest discount on it at the time, but I was told by my pvp that when the past guest rate became available on this room that she would adjust it so that we got the past guest rate. Well now, the past guest rate has opened up on this cabin making the cabin a great deal cheaper than what we booked it for, but it also comes with the free upgrade which we don't want. So I'm asking if anyone's ever had the past guest rate applied as promised without taking the free upgrade. Am I making sense?

See if you can take the reduction like this:

4E to 4G would be 2 cat upgrade so see if you can book a 4C and upgrade to a 4E, thereby keeping your cabin and then you would actually get the 4C price which is probably even less than what you are seeing. No credit per say but a price reduction.

Just a thought.:o

Of course this is assuming you are not in the penalty phase.

See if you can take the reduction like this:

4E to 4G would be 2 cat upgrade so see if you can book a 4C and upgrade to a 4E, thereby keeping your cabin and then you would actually get the 4C price which is probably even less than what you are seeing. No credit per say but a price reduction.

Just a thought.:o

Of course this is assuming you are not in the penalty phase.

We're 103 days away from our sail date and paid in full:confused:

The short of it is... everything has to be the same-same before you can get the lower price,.

When I say same-same... I mean everything. You can only get an upgrade for the same category you booked at. '

If you booked at a Balcany GTY... but got a upgrade at your booking to an Cat 8H, yu will only get the new price if it is lower than the GTY you booked at... and they offer a Cat 8H.

The short of it is... everything has to be the same-same before you can get the lower price,.

When I say same-same... I mean everything. You can only get an upgrade for the same category you booked at. '

If you booked at a Balcany GTY... but got a upgrade at your booking to an Cat 8H, yu will only get the new price if it is lower than the GTY you booked at... and they offer a Cat 8H.

So we booked a category 4E with no upgrade, no past guest discount, and not a gty. Now you can book a 4E cheaper and with a free upgrade,(which is the past guest discount) trick is we don't want the upgrade, we want to keep the same room. So if the 4E is also cheaper without the past guest, we could just get the credit that way, that I know. Was just curious if we could get the cheaper 4E price the past guest discount offers without the upgrade, being as how we were told we would get the past guest discount applied when it became available.

Gosh, my understanding is that you can always get the lower price. It's only tricky if you try to get the lower price when your original booking grants you an upgrade. If everything is same-same... you should get the price reduction or the OBC.

This is a tricky subject. Let me know if I'm not clear. :)

So, I booked the 4E and selected a cabin with no discounts of any kind.

Now you can book the exact same 4E cheaper and with a free upgrade.

So now I can get the credit without taking the upgrade? Without taking the upgrade is the part I'm worried about. Thanks for bearing with me Venture, it's nice to see someone understanding instead of getting frustrated.:)

So now I can get the credit without taking the upgrade? Without taking the upgrade is the part I'm worried about.

Ohhhh... I get your question.

No... you do not have to take the upgrade. I was allowed to book the highest level upgrade with my last booking... for a GTY price... and I told Carnival that I wanted two levels below what they were offering. They were offering me the highest level, which would have been a Cat 8I... but I chose a Cat 8F because I did not want to be below the Lido Deck.

Carnival said no problem.

Is this the answer you were looking for...?

Ohhhh... I get your question.

No... you do not have to take the upgrade. I was allowed to book the highest level upgrade with my last booking... for a GTY price... and I told Carnival that I wanted two levels below what they were offering. They were offering me the highest level, which would have been a Cat 8I... but I chose a Cat 8F because I did not want to be below the Lido Deck.

Carnival said no problem.

Is this the answer you were looking for...?

Thanks! Will find out soon enough, I'm on hold now for a supervisor being as how the PVP's can't do the adjustments now. Keep your fingers crossed, I"ll let you know how it turns out.

Ok, got off the phone and we got our credit......without the upgrade!:D :D

The price went down $190pp thanks to the past guest discount which gave us a credit of $380.00:D We pre-paid the gratuities for our cabin and our kid's cabin, and have $100 left over attatched as obc!! Yessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!:D Thanks for all of your help ventureman and 3boysvsus!

Archived