Live from the Noordam 3/8/08

:( I can't promise I'll post every day but I'll give it my best shot!

Rough seas last night and today -- 12' with gale force winds, so we were rocking and rolling last night! We're fine though!

CC M & G this morning -- about 70 people showed up -- and NO one from the ship! Disappointing...

Looking forward to posts of this cruise. REALLY lookimg forward to you getting back to New York as we will be boarding that day.:p Glad you had a good turn out at M&G. Hard to understand why nobody from ship showed. :confused: Have a great cruise.:)

welove2cruise232,

Bummer about the lack of crew turnout. :mad:

You folks still probably fared better out at sea than we on land. Trees were down in the road and power was out for ~5 hours here and there in Northern Jersey. Looked pretty bad on the roads.

Hope you have a better 2nd day and rest of the cruise. Look forward to the posts!

-Dave.

:( I can't promise I'll post every day but I'll give it my best shot!

Rough seas last night and today -- 12' with gale force winds, so we were rocking and rolling last night! We're fine though!

CC M & G this morning -- about 70 people showed up -- and NO one from the ship! Disappointing...

We were on the 2/6 cruise, and had 16' seas and gale force winds that first day...not much of a turn out for our M & G because many were seasick...and no one from the crew attended either.

I'm thinking they have their hands full when the seas are rough. That was my guess then. So probably the same with your M & G.

Will look forward to your "Live from the Noordam!" Thanks for getting it rolling!

Note for future M&G's....If it is on the first sea day morning, the crew

is all tied up and cannot attend. Seattle schedules these w/o consulting

w/ on-board personnel.

However, w/persistence one can get a 2nd M&G later on in cruise.

Our second one was not only attended by the very congenial CD but was also an open bar & passed hot hors d'eouvres in the Crow's Nest as I had

requested for the first.

Glad you are all doing fine on the Noordam. Try for a second meet and greet. We did on the 2/6/cruise and while no one from the ship came, we did get an open bar and food.

I just checked my live from post, and have to add a bit to Inn Lady's description of the seas on our first two days. I see I posted back then that we had 18 foot seas and winds of 60 knots.

Looking forward to posts of this cruise. REALLY lookimg forward to you getting back to New York as we will be boarding that day.:p Glad you had a good turn out at M&G. Hard to understand why nobody from ship showed. :confused: Have a great cruise.:)

Don't rush them...they're only on Day 1 of their cruise! LOL! :rolleyes:

We're heading out next week! Keep the boat clean for us... and don't drink all the booze!:D

So happy you're taking the time to do this! We will be checking everyday for last minute advice and reviews!

One quick question: Whay time did you get to the pier and how long did it take to get through the boarding process?

TheKhunFamily: I will heading out on the same next week. I just booked a car service and figured getting to the pier around 11:30 or 12:00 is good. Someone else just stated that they were there at 10:30 in the Lido by 11:15 and in their cabin by 12:30. I'm sure hoping for that. See ya on the Noordam

We're heading out next week! Keep the boat clean for us... and don't drink all the booze!:D

So happy you're taking the time to do this! We will be checking everyday for last minute advice and reviews!

One quick question: Whay time did you get to the pier and how long did it take to get through the boarding process?

We got there about 11:30, I believe, and were on board within an hour...having lunch in the Vista at 12:30 or so.

No point getting there before that...you'll just have to wait for everyone from this cruise to disembark.

Glad you are all doing fine on the Noordam. Try for a second meet and greet. We did on the 2/6/cruise and while no one from the ship came, we did get an open bar and food.

I just checked my live from post, and have to add a bit to Inn Lady's description of the seas on our first two days. I see I posted back then that we had 18 foot seas and winds of 60 knots.

Oh my, don't remind me! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I seem to have lost my post... I'll repost later...write it offline then log in and re send. sorry....

Hey, we missed you all at the M & G!!!

We have finally got sunshine and warm weather! I was sitting near the lido pool around 11 when they opened the roof. Seas are quite calm now.

Dinner last night in the Pinnacle was outstanding, as always. We're also reserved for the sommelier dinner -- I think it's on Thursday night?

Our first formal night is tonight -- DH is disappointed that it was too late to order him a tux... oh, well, he has a suit, and I don't think anyone will give him a hard time...:rolleyes:

HalCats band MUCH better than the last trip -- don't much care for the new piano player Brad Stevens, but we walked in and out of the Piano Bar last night and didn't stay long enough to really listen (in and out was enough...:cool: ) Jeff Davis is very good. And City LIghts is the same.

No shows for us yet -- we're really not into the production shows anyway...

Off to grab and iced latte, and back up to the pool deck!!

Oh, Vista WAS open for lunch when we boarded. Any other questions, just ask, I'm sure between the two of us posting here you'll get your answers!

Is there a caribbean band that plays out by the pool in the afternoons? For some reason I think I heard that HAL doesn't have the traditional "Jamaican" bands poolside...

Just got off the Noordam and the only thing that resembles a Jamaican band is a guy that plays a steel drum for a couple of hours in the all ages pool area. This was one of the complaints I had about this cruise; there was pretty much nothing that gave the "I'm on a caribbean cruise" type feel whatsoever. Other than the beautiful islands themselves of course.

We were in port one day alongside a Carnival ship and they had the best reggae singer, we really enjoyed listening to him and were sad when our ship pulled out. That was pretty much the only caribbean music I heard while on board:rolleyes:

TheKhunFamily: I will heading out on the same next week. I just booked a car service and figured getting to the pier around 11:30 or 12:00 is good. Someone else just stated that they were there at 10:30 in the Lido by 11:15 and in their cabin by 12:30. I'm sure hoping for that. See ya on the Noordam

We were in a suite and had priority embarkation and I think one of the first on the ship however the regular embarkation was not far behind. In my opinion one can not be too early especially when leaving on vacation.

Archived