Prinsendam

fitty

I hope you got my e-mail jeff. thank you so much for your picture and i would really like a close up of this if possible. Again, thank you.

I am trying to figure out what the white metal covering is on the aft of Veranda deck and what is inside there.

• 1 month later...

I just got off 33 days on the Prinsendam. Decks 9 and 10 (Verandah deck) in the aft are a bit screwy. You can't enter the aft area from deck 10. You have to go there from the spa on deck 9. When you enter the spa, you climb some short stairs and are somehow on deck 10, even though the ship's diagrams show the spa on 9. In the aft of 10 on the inside is the spa with elliptical machines looking out the back window. On the back deck is an outdoor seawater pool and two freshwater hot tubs. When you go down the outdoor stairs, you are on the aft deck of 8, where there is another hot tub under shelter of the deck above.

Perhaps the white covering you are seeing in photos is the canvas roof from the outdoor portion of the Lido dining room, deck 11.

The wine list was quite mediocre and very expensive (4X retail!!???) on the recent Africa cruise.

Bring as much wine as you and your help can carry.

Also, the ship's shore excursions and the Pinnacle Grill were best avoided as none was worth the high premium.

The Celebrity Millennium's Olympic restaurant makes the Pinnacle Grill look like a Steak and Ale, imhpo.

M

The wine list was quite mediocre and very expensive (4X retail!!???) on the recent Africa cruise.

Bring as much wine as you and your help can carry.

Also, the ship's shore excursions and the Pinnacle Grill were best avoided as none was worth the high premium.

The Celebrity Millennium's Olympic restaurant makes the Pinnacle Grill look like a Steak and Ale, imhpo.

M

Doesn't sounds like the Prinsendam I have sailed!

I just got off 33 days on the Prinsendam. Decks 9 and 10 (Verandah deck) in the aft are a bit screwy. You can't enter the aft area from deck 10. You have to go there from the spa on deck 9. When you enter the spa, you climb some short stairs and are somehow on deck 10, even though the ship's diagrams show the spa on 9. In the aft of 10 on the inside is the spa with elliptical machines looking out the back window. On the back deck is an outdoor seawater pool and two freshwater hot tubs. When you go down the outdoor stairs, you are on the aft deck of 8, where there is another hot tub under shelter of the deck above.

Perhaps the white covering you are seeing in photos is the canvas roof from the outdoor portion of the Lido dining room, deck 11.

I am confused - is the fitness center and pool on deck 9 (Upper Promenade) or deck 10 (Verandah)? We have cabin AA173 booked for this Nov and from the deck plan it looks like it is just forward of the spa and fitness center that that we should be able to go aft through the spa/fitness center area to get to the aft pool and 2 hot tubs - is this correct?

The Prinsendam's spa and fitness center are on two different levels---about a half-deck difference. You enter on one deck; to get to the fitness center you go up a few stairs. (There's also a wheelchair lift for anyone who can't do stairs.) You go through the fitness center to the outdoor aft deck. The pool deck is a few stairs down. (There's also a ramp).

It's very confusing, but it's easy to figure out once you go there.

I am confused - is the fitness center and pool on deck 9 (Upper Promenade) or deck 10 (Verandah)? We have cabin AA173 booked for this Nov and from the deck plan it looks like it is just forward of the spa and fitness center that that we should be able to go aft through the spa/fitness center area to get to the aft pool and 2 hot tubs - is this correct?

You can't get to the spa from the Verandah deck (deck 10) state rooms. You have to enter from the interior elevator area on deck 9. Or you can walk up the aft outside staircases from deck 8 (bypassing deck 9) to deck 10 to get to the spa from the outside aft deck where the swimming pool and hot tubs are.

It's not a really big deal unless you have major mobility issues and were counting on being able to roll to the spa from your stateroom. From Verandah deck you will need to walk or take the elevator down to deck 9 and then go up some short stairs (maybe 8 or 9) or wheelchair lift to enter the spa.

We were in 173 last fall. It is a great room! It is very quiet. You get to the spa area by going left to the next door entrance (front door) of the spa reception area---or---go straint down the hall for a few more feet and up the half-flight of stairs. If you go in the reception area, you round the corner (to the right) and go up the same half-flight of stairs leading to the spa rooms and the gym area. To get to the aft pool and whirlpools walk thru the gym and the doors open to the pool area. Gee, this sounds confusing!

The salon area shares a common wall with 173.

We were in 173 last fall. It is a great room! It is very quiet. You get to the spa area by going left to the next door entrance (front door) of the spa reception area---or---go straint down the hall for a few more feet and up the half-flight of stairs. If you go in the reception area, you round the corner (to the right) and go up the same half-flight of stairs leading to the spa rooms and the gym area. To get to the aft pool and whirlpools walk thru the gym and the doors open to the pool area. Gee, this sounds confusing!

The salon area shares a common wall with 173.

Lizzielady - thanks for the info - would you happen to have any photos of 173 that you can email or share?

Did the life boat block your view off the balcony? Looks like the life boat sticks out alot and would block the view looking down along the side of the ship.

Thanks,

Ted IFLYRC5@comcast.net

at least I don't think so. I have two CDs, but haven't gone through them, yet!

If I find some, I'll post.

You will love the ship. We were on her before the bathroom/closet remodel. I took one of those canvas sweater hanging bags for the closet. I was glad I did because there was insufficient drawer space. IMHO

Could anyone give me information about Balcony Cabins on the Upper Promenade Deck? Are the cabins with no tub smaller in size? Is your view obstructed by the lifeboats below? We are considering AA120, which is in the forward section. How is the library on this ship? This will be our first cruise on Prinsendam so don't want to be disappointed. Thank you for any help you can give.

• 1 month later...

Archived