luggage storage in sydney

wombat50

There have been previous posts that you may be able to make friends with someone at a hotel at which you could store it. Another option would be to rent a car in which you could store it. We actually are thinking about shipping our fancy clothes home after our cruise so we don't drag them along up to the reef where we cetainly won't be using them. Not sure how expensive it would be, but might be worth considering.

Ross

I know of a few places but none of them are particularly handy to Circular Quay where you will be disembarking. By the time you take your bags there, you'll have lost a fair proportion of your limited time in Sydney.

• Travellers Contact Point - a backpacker travel agent in the Dymocks Building in George Street (Level 7, 428 George Street) - see www.travellers.com.au/default.asp?action=article&ID=112
  • CC Money Exchange & Internet Cafe - a similar type set up at 810 George Street near Central Station - phone o2 9212 7110
  • State Library of NSW in Macquarie Street - a free service for library users (officially) but only open during library hours

Hopefully someone else knows a place around Circular Quay or The Rocks, either of which would be ideal for you.

Cheers

Bob

when we disembark from the sapphire princess in sydney is there anywhere we can leave our suitcases for 4hrs so we can have a look around before we have to go to the airport

ross

We recently disembarked from the Oriana at the Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) in Sydney.

Just as we were about to go through customs, we spoke with a very helpful customs official and explained we'd like to leave our bags with them for a few hours.

She very graciously offered to keep our baggage locked up in a secure room inside the customs controlled area. She took our names, passport numbers and mobile phone numbers.

We went off to enjoy Sydney (caught the ferry to Manly and back), came back to the OPT, and picked up our bags.

No hassles at all.

If it wasn't prohibited, I would have given her a tip :)

Neil

We recently disembarked from the Oriana at the Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) in Sydney.

Just as we were about to go through customs, we spoke with a very helpful customs official and explained we'd like to leave our bags with them for a few hours.

She very graciously offered to keep our baggage locked up in a secure room inside the customs controlled area. She took our names, passport numbers and mobile phone numbers.

We went off to enjoy Sydney (caught the ferry to Manly and back), came back to the OPT, and picked up our bags.

No hassles at all.

If it wasn't prohibited, I would have given her a tip :)

Neil

thanks neil that is a great idea and ill certinally try it. if i have any trouble with it ill just mention your name and say you said it was alright to do it lol

ross

• 2 years later...

The best place to leave left luggage in Sydney is Travellers Contact Point. It's right in the centre of the city located on 428 George Street in the Dymocks Building up on Level 7.

it's $15 for the day for a large suitcase and $10 for a small bag. They can be contacted on 02 9221 8744 open mon-fri 9-5.45 and saturdays from 10-4.

In this day and age I'm very surprised that anyone stores luggage in the middle of Sydney's CBD.

I used to work in the Reef Fleet Terminal in Cairns and no-one was allowed to hold passengers luggage - under any circumstances.

Why? It's a service that's in demand, and if security can be sorted out at higher-value targets like airports and railway stations, and hotels in a CBD don't find it to be a problem, it shouldn't be a problem elsewhere in a CBD.

Archived