Nochi Cocum

mizzgolitely

This was our experience as well. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Perhaps we caught them on a bad day, However, we had looked forward to this for a long time, we paid $200 for essentially the use of their beach and lunch and couldn't even get the "luxury" of beach chairs on their buggy beach. It is sad to have a whole port day turned upside down because of a bad vendor.

This was our day: We arrived around 10am and the taxi brings you to a parking lot that looks desolate and drops you off at a building that looks dilapidated from the outside. The interior was much nicer than however, when we walked in, it was obvious their only concern was to get $$$$ out of us. They have a girl waiting out front taking pictures (for a fee) and before even saying "hello", the staff are saying "$150 cash only" repeatedly. Then their staff starts trying to sell you more services...more on that below. Anyhow, after I paid the money I asked two staff members what we should do, what their set-up was, etc. and suddenly the people that clearly could ask for money just a moment earlier spoke no English. So we took our beach towels and positioned ourselves in the least crowded area we could find. The area we chose was not up close to their building, but still on their beach nonetheless. The beach was already quite full by the time we had arrived. Also, the nice thatched areas they show on their website fill up quickly, so if you are there on a crowded day like we were, I wouldn't count on getting one unless you arrive as they are opening. I didn't count how many there were while we were there, but in hindsight I would say less than a dozen. So essentially everyone pays the same fee, but does not get the same amenities.

I will say that their beach and pool was very picturesque, but that was not enough to make it a palatable situation.

5 times I asked them to bring us beach chairs because we were being eaten alive by ants while sitting on our beach towels on the sand. Everyone else we saw on the beach had been given chairs. More people arrived after us and were squeezing in closer to their building. Anyhow, each time I asked for beach chairs, I was told they would bring some to us, but each time the man came with the chairs he would stop at one of the newer arrivals and give the chairs to them. I even offered to carry our own beach chairs to our location, if they would just show us where they were. On my fifth request, we were told they had already given out all of the chairs and that they did not have anymore. So here we are, having paid $200 for the four of us (3 of which are non-drinkers) sitting in the sand being eaten by bugs and being harassed by their staff to buy additional services. The staff here are VERY pushy trying to sell massages, para-sailing, etc. and the staff did not take a "no, thank you" nicely. These people got right in our face and followed us to where we laid our towels harassing us to buy things.

Finally, I went to talk to the manager about the beach chair issue, and she had the audacity to say that if we had only positioned ourself closer to the building, we would have been given chairs. What????? I started complaining at that point and rather than try to work out the situation they immediately refunded 3/4 of our money and called us a taxi. Essentially I felt like we were asked to leave. However, it wasn't just our party....they lost more business that day because while we were waiting for a cab, another foursome complained right after us about the same issues and they were treated the same way we were. Essentially take 3/4 of your money back and get out.

For the record, I am always extra kind and gracious when I am traveling. I never want to give anyone reason to perpetuate the "ugly American" stereotype. So I go the extra mile to be exceptionally polite and friendly when dealing with people. There was no reason for the day to have ended up like it did, but it was obvious to me that they were a poorly managed facility that simply was not prepared for a busy day. It was easier for them to give a refund than to make the situation better.

Never again....I would advise anyone looking at spending their port day here to go elsewhere.

That was not what I experienced when I visited at the end of Feb. I arrived at approx. 9:45 AM. There was probably only about 40 people there the whole day.

Sure they tried to sell me snorkeling, massages, and parasailing. I just told them that I was not interested at that time and that I would let my server know if I changed my mind. I never was bothered again.

Yes I noticed some small black ants crawling in the sand around my chair. My feet were on the sand the complete time I was there and I never did get bit by any ants.

The service was exceptional. My server never let me go thirsty. The food was very good. All the employees were very nice. I walked up to the hot tub to sit and put my feet in and an employee came up and asked if I wanted the jets turned on. This amazed me since I was the only one at the hot tub.

In my opinion it is very much worth the money. It was a very relaxing day for me. I will visit this place again.

We were at Nachi Cocom last Tuesday. It was the BEST beach day we've ever had. In fact, we all agreed that we would choose our next RCL cruise to Cozumel based on how long we would be in Cozumel so that we could stay at Nachi longer. One thing to investigate: The info in the confirmation that we received said that they open at 9:00 AM Cozumel time. We arrived there at 9:20 Cozumel time and there were already a lot of people there. We actually got the last two palapas....so.....I meant to ask and didn't what time they actually open. I would say half the people had wrist bands indicating that they were all-inclusive, the rest did not, but they were given palapas. Moral to the story -- arrive early even if you've paid for all-inclusive.

Yoli (and anyone else)..

Don't be nervous at all to visit Nachi Cocom. I went last year on a girls getaway with 8 girls. We also did some research before we left (just as you were doing). However, although I did not hear of any bad reviews at the time, I was getting mixed reports from trip advisor that the place may be closed for environmental reasons. This was not the case, but for that reaseon we did not book in advance for the all inclusive online.

Nonetheless, when we arrived by cruiseship in Cozumel, we decided to check it out (with a back up plan in mind). When we arrived, all the girls had on sour faces, becuase the parking lot did look dirty and dingy. Therefore, they all sent me in to check it out before anyone even got out of the cab.

HOWEVER.... the minute I walked into the place I was speachless... All I can say is UNBELIEVABLE! I went back to the cab and gor them immediately! We each paid the $20.00 to get in, which covered a bar bill (or food) until the $20.00 was used and then we were on a tab. We each probably spent an extra $25.00 (total $45.00), so the all inclusive is worth the money.

Honestly... we felt like we were on a secluded Island of the rich and famous with people waiting on us hand and foot. Put it this way, I actually had to tell the guy to stop bringing me drinks becuase I really wanted to be able to swim up to the bar once and get a drink. Ha Ha While standing by the pool looking out to the beach, the picture perfect view was like straight out of a carona commercial. The resort was empty, so we had the entire place to ourselves. The beach was awesome, with tiki huts to lay under and plenty of chairs, the water was crystal clear and blue. The pool had a swim up bar as well as a sun deck area that you could lay on and still be in shallow water. Loved that! We ate appitizers for lunch and the food was great! They even turned on music for us and gave us spanish dancing lessons. I won't include those picures!

All eight of us girls agree that this place was the bomb and was the BEST part of our vacation. Our ages ranged from 24 - 38 and all of us equally enjoyed our visit. The day went by too fast. It is just too bad this is not a hotel, becuase I would definitely fly in and stay there if I could.

Also, I am getting married in Mexico next month (May 3rd). We are again traveling by cruise ship (with 80 of our friends and family) and getting married on the beach while ported in Cozumel. I so desperately wanted to have the wedding at Nachi Cocom, but I did not get a response from their website and when I contacted a wedding planner, it was going to be too expensive for us to accomodate all 80 of our guests (we are on a budget). I was very disappointed because that place would have made a PERFECT location for a wedding. However, we are getting married at Mr. Sanchos instead. I only hope it is half as nice as Nachi Cocom.

If anyone has any reviews of Mr. Sanchos let me know.

Anyway.. I promise you, you will enjoy your trip! You have every reason to look forward to your visit a Nachi-Cocom.

115.jpg.c078ee7c619a594a454a6c876ed1adc9.jpg

111.jpg.6021b69a9ffda27e4be193eb0f2a8ccd.jpg

105.jpg.7fd9e6f782fe0ce2430260e53329dafb.jpg

141.jpg.d995491fdcb4516d29a7d8d61b3fb1d1.jpg

145.jpg.a9a9c2cc5ee704329a3ded27cbf2e55a.jpg

I may as well kick in on this thread too. I was at Nachi in mid-April 2007, just after spring break season. There were 5 ships in port that day, but Nachi was practically empty. We had a great time, thought the the facility and staff were great, and would recommend it to anyone.

Click on the "Pictures" link in my Mariner signature for more photos, or on the Mariner "Review" link for details on the rest of my trip, including Nachi Cocum.

2601306580079365048mysfuy_th.jpg

2929205100079365048wGVBYQ_th.jpg

sailing tomorrow so I don't have time to read all the posts. this may be a repeat of other info. but we were at Nachi in July and it was great. definitely relaxing - great food, great frozen drinks, and the Coconut Icecream is to die for. If you go definitely try it. They also had great music playing the whole time, but we were still able to nap on the beach under our palapa.

have fun if you go there! there are also some fishies under the dock to see if you snorkel. my husband went out to a buoy that he saw and saw there was some hurricane debris and all sorts of fish, but he didn't get to stick around because he saw a shark! it was about 4 or 5 feet long, but he was pretty freaked. we looked it up when we got home and i can't remember what kind it was. i think a nurse shark.

he told the guy at nachi that he saw it and he seemed very shocked and said they never see sharks there!

If you walk just past the peir, there will be a huge pile of shells left over from the hurricane. They are kinda in the brush (just past the building also). We asked if we could take some and they said take all ya want. They were good size ones! Mary

We were at Nachi-Cocum in Feb 08. We had a great day. We got there around 11:30 a.m. and had no problem getting loungers. The beach was beautiful and the pool was great. They also had a hot tub that was nice and warm. They had pails and shovels they lent to my kids to play with. My husband had a massage and also rented a jet ski. They were not pressured into during anything. The food and drinks were also great. We met a family that went to Paradise Beach the previous year and said that this was way better. I would not hesitate to go there again.

We were just at Nachi, March 19th. There were 7 ships in port that day, but only about 40 people at Nachi. We got there kind of late because our ship had to tender, but still had plenty of time. We were greeted as soon as the taxi dropped us off. Our waiter asked us if we were hungry and then led us to the covered dining area. We had our appetizers and drinks. After that we were led down to our padded lounge chairs. Any time our drinks got low, we were asked if we wanted another. Even when we moved to the pool/hot tub area, our waiter's excellent service continued. Only once were we asked about jet skiing. We said no, and that was that. WE LOVED NACHI COCOM. If we are ever in Cozumel again, I would go there again. If you are looking for a relaxing day, a beautiful, non-crowded, beach, and great service I would recommend it to you.

I will be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks. I will have my 10 year old with me. I have some questions. How does one get get to Paradise Beach from the port? How much does it cost to get in? I take the food and drink are alacarte unlike Nachi Cocom.

I will be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks. I will have my 10 year old with me. I have some questions. How does one get get to Paradise Beach from the port? How much does it cost to get in? I take the food and drink are alacarte unlike Nachi Cocom.

Helen,

Paradise Beach was free admission, they asked you to order a food/drink minimum per person of $10. The food was ala catre and it was good. It is $10 pp to use their water toys. Here is a link to their website: http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Have a great cruise and a fantastic beach day!

Leslie

If you walk just past the peir, there will be a huge pile of shells left over from the hurricane. They are kinda in the brush (just past the building also). We asked if we could take some and they said take all ya want. They were good size ones! Mary

Sunnymom02, when you say the shells are just past the peir, do you mean when you first get off the ship?

Sunnymom02, when you say the shells are just past the peir, do you mean when you first get off the ship?

Nope pretty sure they are talking about the pier at the beach club. Oh BTW its illegal to remove anything from the beaches in the park area...;)

Wow!!! This was the best place ever!! We have been to Cozumel and have gone to Playa Mia--and this is SO much better than any beach we have been to!

The food was great and you couldn't have asked for better service. You didn't even have to leave the chair to go eat! How much more relaxing could that be!

The drinks were really good too and plentiful! They pleased the kiddos by making as many virgin drinks and they could hold.

The water was gorgeous and you could rent snorkel equipment and snorkel right off the beach. There was a lot to see! You could also rent jet skis, parasailing, etc.

This was the best beach day ever and it is a not to miss place while in Cozumel.

We are in Cozumel on Thursday, November 13th on Carnival Esctasy. We are looking for a beach day (party or no party does not matter...we can blend with both). Some in our party want to snorkel, parasail and get massages. One thing we all agree on is DRINKS :D. We were planning on Playa Mia or Paradise, but I would rather not have the crowds. What kind of water activities do they have (beside waverunners and snorkeling). Do they offer snorkeling trips out to the reefs or is it shore snorkling only. What about the crowds this time of year? We are suppose to get into port at 8am, but I do not think this is guaranteed. I want a day at the beach, which is relaxing, not so crowded, yet has a fun entertaining atmosphere (i.e. drinks). By the way...any great shopping near by?

no shopping near by...it's out on the highway, around all the other beaches. the shopping is in town, from what i saw.

the snorkeling trips are out to the reefs...a boat at the dock. the guys will walk around, especially in the mornings and take tours out. didn't hear what the price was.

How did you make a reservation? Every time I submit my request and hit submit I get a failure notice.

Go to this site and clik on the Live Help - that works really well and they will walk you thru it and make sure it works.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

- I will be there in 18 days!!!! Can't Wait :D

Archived