Comments about cabin #10010 on the Pearl

Takenmommatoalaska

We have been assigned cabin #10010 on the Pearl. Sailing RT out of Seattle on June 15th. Any comments about this cabin on the ship would be helpful. It is our first Alaskan cruise and are wondering about being so far to the front of the ship. We booked a guarantee balcony any chance of it changing before we sail? Don't really understand the upgrade process. Any response would be appreciated. We also booked the Flight and Feast out of Juneau.

As only a general comment, the forward cabins are going to get more motion. You are sailing the roughest potential itinerary for Alaska. You can just about count on one of your sea days being rough. If any seasickness concerns, be certain to take precautions.

We were on the Pearl in 9/07 and the water really rough coming out of Glacier Bay and sailing to Victoria. The fake trees were actually swaying on board. The ship's desk has sea sickness medicine - I brought Triptone with me and it worked great. Other than that it was an awesome trip and a great crew and ship. I think you'll enjoy the trip. One tip- check out the deck chairs that look out over the boat as you are going into the Inside Passage. We saw lots of porpoise and the people out there were really nice to chat with. There are chairs and we snagged two and took turns getting drinks so we could enjoy the view.

Archived