Amigos

Ladymom30

Hi,

we are doing the Major Tom cave tubing excursion and he just sent me an email saying that lunch was at Amigos, a roadside restaurant. Anyone eat there?? Is it safe? Let me know.

Great food.... great location.....you will be well pleased and YES, food is safe to eat !!!

Tell Major Tom Curtis from Ga. said "Hi"

We ate there at least twice and perhaps three times: each time we were in the western part of Belize. It is more "restaurant-like" than most of the rice'n'beans places in Belize, and in the evenings the more affluent natives (such as the owner/creator of One Barrel Rum) go over there for a nice dinner and to sit around and drink for awhile with friends (there is no real "night life"--most Belizeans are used to going to bed at night). Not so well-appointed as "Cheers" on TV, perhaps, but fulfills the same role; has very tolerable Mexican and Belizean food; clean bathrooms with soap and paper products; liquid refreshment from bottled water through Coca-Cola to a full bar; good parking. I even took a picture of it, as it has some droll signs outside. For the hinterlands of Belize, it is a fairly good-sized establishment, and the cooks are good.

It must have been a real blessing for all tour guides when it opened, as the location is nearly ideal for many of the sites, and the food is very dependable. And the food is VERY reasonable, and there is plenty of it! ;):D

Just email me at dreynolds@aol.com and I will bounce it back to you--forgive me if I already have your email address, as I have been corresponding off the boards with several Cruise Critics, and few people remember to relate their real names to their CC Board name! (When there are both in one email I try to put both in my address book so I can answer either persona). :confused:

Archived