45 Day Letter

mechcc

First off - I hate starting a new thread but apparently the search feature isn't working.

However, I want to give a great big thank you to all the members that clued me into the 45 day letter. I read about it shortly after getting off a cruise in Nov. Fired off a letter to Carnival and told several friends who were on that cruise and will be cruising with me in Apr. Everyone of us that sent in a letter to Carnival got a 45 day letter.

I called today and took the 4 drink coupons (now why would I want flowers in my stateroom?). The others also choose the same thing.

And while the drinks are going to be nice, I'm happy that the crew members identified in my letter are getting rewarded for their service.

Thank you again Cruise Critic Members

First off - I hate starting a new thread but apparently the search feature isn't working.

However, I want to give a great big thank you to all the members that clued me into the 45 day letter. I read about it shortly after getting off a cruise in Nov. Fired off a letter to Carnival and told several friends who were on that cruise and will be cruising with me in Apr. Everyone of us that sent in a letter to Carnival got a 45 day letter.

I called today and took the 4 drink coupons (now why would I want flowers in my stateroom?). The others also choose the same thing.

And while the drinks are going to be nice, I'm happy that the crew members identified in my letter are getting rewarded for their service.

Good for you Maggie!!! I too, am in possession of a "45 day letter...and can't wait until I can call in my drink coupon request for my Dec. cruise!!! :D

Congrats, Maggie!!!

Feels good... doesn't it?? Not only do you get a nice present from Carnival but it's a bit of a milestone as you progress toward your upcoming cruise!!

Way to go!!!

:D

Yeah, that was kind of special, adding the 45 day point onto the calendar, along with the final payment date, 99 days out, one month out and 10 days out! :) Still, I'm so glad Imade and Lenora get more praise then just the cruise survey card provides. And it gives me a heck of a lot more room to express my opinion.

I found out about the 45 day letter on the boards too. I sent a letter about a cruise I took 4 years ago, and recieved the 45 day letter, a few weeks later. I don't drink, so I opted for the photo. Will be getting it in a few days. :D

I'm a first time cruiser. What's a 45 day letter?

As mentioned, the search feature is down so I couldn't look for the answer to this myself so...I appreciate the help.

I'm a first time cruiser. What's a 45 day letter?

As mentioned, the search feature is down so I couldn't look for the answer to this myself so...I appreciate the help.

If you write a letter to Carnival's Guest relations after your cruise praising or complaining about certain people or issues, you might receive a letter back from Carnival thanking you for your letter, telling you that the proper people have been informed and if you call guest relations within 45 days of your next cruise you will get a Bon Voyage gift.

I got mine last week, praised my dining room waiter and explained my issues with the way the chocolate buffet was set up on my Glory cruise. Called yesterday and selected the drink coupons for my April Cruise.

What Mona said above is correct. If you have a 'complaint' you'd probably be better off couching it as constructive criticism rather than 'Carnival sucks...'

When you offer compliments about staff and crew who went above and beyond those comments are used when considering bonuses and promotions, so they mean a lot.

Here's the address to send your comments to:

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, Fl. 33178-2428

I too send in a follow up letter of our cruise experience. I offer positive feedback on those areas that impressed us the most and if there are things that I would have enjoyed if done differently I offer those points as well. For me I do it because it allows me to have a record of my past cruising experience with Carnival on file. They do document what you send to them and can pull it up on their system. This just happened with the last cruise I reviewed for them. IMO giving them feedback after each cruise will go a long way if you ever truly experience a nightmare cruise. :)

.... If you have a 'complaint' you'd probably be better off couching it as constructive criticism rather than 'Carnival sucks...'

This is true, I didn't "complain" about the chocolate buffet I said I had "issues" with how it was set up , explained what those were and suggested how I thought it could be set up to run more quickly. Will be interesting to see if anything has changed when I'm back on the Glory in April.

Where did you mail it to? I used the address found on the website, but not sure if thats the correct place. I too sent them a letter, booked a cruise with one family, ended up persuading another 3 families, so there now be 5 families going.

Thanks for the information. I don't know why I didn't know about this in the past, but I am grateful to all of you who did know and shared your information..... I will write my letter today. By the way, why is it called a 45 day letter???? have a wonderful day!!!

Julie

Thanks for the information. I don't know why I didn't know about this in the past' date=' but I am grateful to all of you who did know and shared your information..... I will write my letter today. By the way, why is it called a 45 day letter???? have a wonderful day!!!

Julie[/quote']

It's called a "45 day letter" because you have to call within the 45 days leading up to your next cruise...then they will make sure that your gift is placed in your cabin. :)

It's called a "45 day letter" because you have to call within the 45 days leading up to your next cruise...then they will make sure that your gift is placed in your cabin. :)

Doesn't that seem weird that you would have to wait to give a compliment from your past cruise. You would think that they would prefer you to write after you get off your cruise. My last cruise was Jan. 17, 2007, my next cruise is June 8th, so I need to wait till April to write my letter. Is that right?

Julie

Doesn't that seem weird that you would have to wait to give a compliment from your past cruise. You would think that they would prefer you to write after you get off your cruise. My last cruise was Jan. 17' date=' 2007, my next cruise is June 8th, so I need to wait till April to write my letter. Is that right?

Julie[/quote']

no no...you write your letter right away (or as soon as you find out about it)...they will also send you a letter back within a few weeks of receiving your letter.

The letter they send you is open-ended. So even if you don't have a cruise booked yet, you can still use it. And, it will give you a number to call within 45 days of your next cruise.

Does that make sense?

Oh - Oh - Oh.... I just got it.... DUH...

So, you write a letter - then they respond and tell you to call within 45 days of sailing. So, you don't have to wait to write the letter, but you have to wait to call and get your gift. SORRY!! It took a minute to sink in. I replyed to fast.

Julie

Write your letter now. You call 45 days before your next cruise to select your gift if you get the "45 day letter" back from Carnival. They will explain what to do in their letter. I got one after I wrote following a cruise to give kudos to some very great staff.

What are the choices for the gift?

I believe some of them are:

4 drink coupons

a picture certificate

a bottle of champagne

chocolate covered strawberries

flowers delivered to the cabin.

And...no problem Julie...it is a weird thing to call it! :D

Archived