paying the final balance

dalliowner

My TA in the Uk very cheekily asked me to pay the balance of my cruise some 15 weeks before sailing instead of Seaboun`s 56 days. What is the norm in the USA and elsewhere ???

My payment date is 1st July for October 25th Sailing. So even worse than yours!!!

We booked through a US internet agency.

Here in the good ol' U.S. of A. my sail date is May 3 and Seabourn insisted I "pay up" Feb. 1st. About 90 days, I believe. We sail from Libson.

Could be they want the check to clear, buy more caviar or purchase a few more bottles of champers.:) Jack

My TA in the Uk very cheekily asked me to pay the balance of my cruise some 15 weeks before sailing instead of Seaboun`s 56 days. What is the norm in the USA and elsewhere ???

Our TA in the UK tends to ask for the balance 70 days before sailing to give 14 days leeway before the Seabourn 56 day limit in case you forget!

I know the balance is payable earlier in the US, but we in the UK cannot cancel without penalty once we have paid our initial deposit.

Sue

In the US it is 90 days prior to sailing. You can pay earlier, as some non-US clients do as a hedge against the dollar, but there is no penalty if you change your mind before the final payment date.

Thanks for that information. We are thinking about doing just that. Our dollar (used to be the Pacific Peso;) ) is now at 92 US cents and hit a high of 94 cents last week.

Each 1c improvement saves us about AUD 250. I can't stand the pressure and feel like locking in the gains now!

Steve.

Archived