Blush??

GORDONCHICK

I have one color of blush for when I wear red, then another one for everything else. Does anyone else do that? The one I wear with reds has very little pink in it.

I do this, and I wish EVERYONE would ;) . I just don't like it way too pink when I'm wearing red. I mostly wear pinkish daily... but NOT with red.

I just ordered the Fake Bake "Legal Sunburn" thanks to DHW on the great "Sunless Tan" thread. So I guess you can be sunburned with anything?? We'll see...

OK my other pet peeve is when people's make-up clashes, like a really pink cheek with more orangy lip color or visa versa... does that make sense?:eek:

__

I think your make-up should compliment YOU, not your clothes! If it goes with your skin-tone, then that's what you should wear. By doing that, your make-up looks good with anything you wear--even if you're wearing nothing!

I think your make-up should compliment YOU, not your clothes! If it goes with your skin-tone, then that's what you should wear. By doing that, your make-up looks good with anything you wear--even if you're wearing nothing!

In theory that makes sense but there is a loophole to this....

I agree with Tagging along and Gordonchick.

I think another problem is that people are choosing clothing colors that are all together wrong for them.

I cannot wear pinky/purple clothing....I would not look good in this no matter what I did.

Therefore, my everday makeup, which does compliment my skintone would totally clash with the clothing!;)

There are some folks a out there ( and they need to stop this ) that buy a piece of clothing and make a color choice because they like it, regardless of if it suits them or not.

My girfriend does this....

One time I asked to borrow something...

She thoughtfully gave me it and another item she thought I might like.

When I told her I could not wear it b/c that color lookes horrible on me, she was offended as if I had told her it was an ugly article!

No... it is just not a good color..actually on her either.:rolleyes:

She thought that was the dumbest thing ever, and that you should buy clothing b/c you liked it !

No...not if you look like you are in liver failure in it.....

But yes, in answer to your question Gordonchick, yes I do the same thing because it does compliment my skin tone to do that.;) :D

For the moment I have 2 and they are both pink with golden shimmer but I agree those colors don't look right with everything. I'm buying a red blush just for a change of color but I just recently bought a gold blush or bronzer that goes with everything. I do like to have my blushes matching with my clothes at times and sometimes I don't.

I guess just I don't notice people's blush shade and lipstick shade, foundation, etc and whether they clash with each other or the color of their clothes. What I notice is if someone has dark lipstick pencil with light lipstick or drawn-on eyebrows, especially if they are plucked in really peculiar shapes.

But I can see how different things can be pet peeves for others. Now I'm worried because I just don't pay that much attention to my blush and lipstick clashing and now maybe I'd better have a better look.

I do know, in defense of make-up dweebs such as myself, is that the quality of light when you put on your cosmetics can make a dramatic difference. That's why I sit by a window with bright light to apply lipstick and blush so that I have a better idea how it will look outside. Of course, that doesn't tell me how it will look inside in artificial light. It is pretty easy to make a mistake and not match. Whoops!

I have a bronzer type face powder that is pretty neutral and applied sparingly as a light blush. I also have one that is more light pinkish type but more neutral that also goes with everything. The only two I ever use. I've always thought the trick to blush was to apply it so you don't really see that you have blush on. I've seen what I call 'clown' people that don't get that. Waaayyyyy too much whether it's the right color or not.

I guess just I don't notice people's blush shade and lipstick shade, foundation, etc and whether they clash with each other or the color of their clothes. What I notice is if someone has dark lipstick pencil with light lipstick or drawn-on eyebrows, especially if they are plucked in really peculiar shapes.

O!!

That can be so scary!:eek:

The magna doodle eyebrow!

Never a good look!:D

One day, I was at Applebees w/ my girlfriends and there was a really pretty waitress waiting on us .

She came up and cheerfully told us her name and I looked up and was in a trance from that point on...

Her lips were the strangest thing(s) I have ever seen in my life!

They had a beautiful shape to them...

BUT, she had chosen to outline them in a chocolate brown colored pencil, and fill the rest in in this mocha shimmer color.:confused:

Thing was...they were really full and pretty!

I could NOT take my eyes off them...

When she talked they did these weird things and it was just mesmerizing to watch....

My GF had to kick me under the table to get my attention cuz I was just staring and apparently was ignoring questions being asked of me.:rolleyes: ( "Was I ready to order, did I care for something to drink?"....No...what the bajeezus did you do to your lips!!??)

They looked like she had gone in the back and sucked on chocolate bar and these were the remains.....

I'll never forget the pretty girl with the freaky chocolate pencil lips...at Applebees!:eek:

She was a great waitress by the way!:D

I don't wear blush much,when I do I wear kind of a neutral bronzer as the blush but very little. I'm big on eyes and mouth. Love my lipstick like an addiction

DHW... you are so right about the colorthing in clothing. I myself cannot wear Gray of any shade or a blue based red or purple

Being blonde with Yellow/orange undertones in my skin I have to stick to the warm tones.

I have reddish hair, red undertones, so wearing anything orange or green looks terrible on me. I also stay away from brown eyeshadow or peachy lipstick. Surprising I look great in red, and always get compliments. We have this client who comes in every week, and I have no idea what she's done to her eyebrows, but they start about mideye level. Very scary.

I find that if you wear makeup for your skintone just a few adjustments for lipstick will work with most everything. I recently purchased a muted gold gown and as I tried it on, as stunning as it was, it was not the most flattering color for my skintone. Of course I know (I run a bit yellow)what shade I tan to(a dark burnished reddish brown in no time flat) and it will be stunning (even on me) by the second formal night...just not in my pale skin of today. But, makeup tones I gear towards my skin, not my outfit and it always works.

I have a bronzer type face powder that is pretty neutral and applied sparingly as a light blush. I also have one that is more light pinkish type but more neutral that also goes with everything. The only two I ever use. I've always thought the trick to blush was to apply it so you don't really see that you have blush on. I've seen what I call 'clown' people that don't get that. Waaayyyyy too much whether it's the right color or not.

You just described me too. I never wear a blush with lots of deep color to it, and never anything red, although I do wear a lot of red clothing. Just the bronzer lightly all over and little more at the cheek apples, and depending one what I'm wearing I might dust a bit of the light pink on too. No lipstick for me, can't stand the feel of it. Do put moisturizer on lips when doing rest of face. Mascara for everyday, the whole eyeshadow shebang including false lashes for evening. LOVE my lashes!

Anyone else do false lashes? I'm so addicted to them. Not the drag queen kind, just the ones that look like they'd be my own but more dramatic and very full. They are so flawless with no chance of clumping or running. And at night you just peel 'em off, peel the glue off, wipe them with makeup remover and set them back on their thingy till next time :) LOVE IT!

You just described me too. I never wear a blush with lots of deep color to it, and never anything red, although I do wear a lot of red clothing. Just the bronzer lightly all over and little more at the cheek apples, and depending one what I'm wearing I might dust a bit of the light pink on too. No lipstick for me, can't stand the feel of it. Do put moisturizer on lips when doing rest of face. Mascara for everyday, the whole eyeshadow shebang including false lashes for evening. LOVE my lashes!

Anyone else do false lashes? I'm so addicted to them. Not the drag queen kind, just the ones that look like they'd be my own but more dramatic and very full. They are so flawless with no chance of clumping or running. And at night you just peel 'em off, peel the glue off, wipe them with makeup remover and set them back on their thingy till next time :) LOVE IT!

I do lashes for special occasions,they are fun.I do hate it though when most of the time they go on no fuss no muss and then there is always that one time when they just won't "act" right,usually when my husband is looking at his watch and saying,"How much longer are you going to be". t must be the pressure.:D Can not ever be without the lipstick though,. I certainly do agree about the "Clown" people,very little blush for me.

I do lashes for special occasions,they are fun.I do hate it though when most of the time they go on no fuss no muss and then there is always that one time when they just won't "act" right,usually when my husband is looking at his watch and saying,"How much longer are you going to be". t must be the pressure.:D Can not ever be without the lipstick though,. I certainly do agree about the "Clown" people,very little blush for me.

They are usually not too much trouble to put on, but for me I know if one goes on just a little too easy the next one will be murder! LOL! The same in reverse-if the first one gives me a hard time the next one will be a breeze....just the Law of Lashes I guess. But the end result is so worth it to me :)

They are usually not too much trouble to put on, but for me I know if one goes on just a little too easy the next one will be murder! LOL! The same in reverse-if the first one gives me a hard time the next one will be a breeze....just the Law of Lashes I guess. But the end result is so worth it to me :)

My husband and do a lot of black tie charity things here at home so I get to wear them often,they certainly do makes a "Glamorous" difference. Many of my friends over the years have said..."Are you wearing false eye lashes",of course that usually leads to them making a trip to the beauty supply store and they've come over for "Lessons" where we find ourselves with too many "Martinis) too much glue and ROFLAO:D :D :D

My husband and do a lot of black tie charity things here at home so I get to wear them often,they certainly do makes a "Glamorous" difference. Many of my friends over the years have said..."Are you wearing false eye lashes",of course that usually leads to them making a trip to the beauty supply store and they've come over for "Lessons" where we find ourselves with too many "Martinis) too much glue and ROFLAO:D :D :D

I usually get asked what brand of mascara I use! If I'm feeling evil I will say what kind I use even tho I'm not using that at the time they ask, I have on my fake lashes! If it's someone I know and like I'll tell them the truth and that always gets them wanting to try them.

Archived