Casual Cairo -- Debbie Senters -- Tour Guide

rubinstein2r

We're looking for a tour guide for Alexandria-Cairo for the day on June 19 and I've sent an inquiry to Debbie Senters of Casual Cairo. Does anyone have experience with her?

Much thanks for any suggestions,

Leo & Myra in Arizona

Seems like I'm answering all your queries!

I can't give firsthand experience of Debbie as a guide; however, I did book a half-day in Cairo through Casual Cairo tours and Debbie was the person who arranged it and recommended an associate. I have to be honest and say that while the tour was good, it wasn't terrific and I felt like I knew more than the guide about some of the sites (admittedly off the beaten track) that we saw.

Debbie was wonderfully organized about the arrangements and I think that if you had her as a guide, she would do an equally good job at that based on what I've heard from others. I just wouldn't be so keen if you can't get her personally.

I could also recommend the guide we had for our 10-day tour. He went on to do a private 2-day tour of Alexandria with one person from our group who was staying on. I have no idea what his availability is, but I can definitely vouch for him as an excellent guide. If you want his name and contact info, let me know and I will look it up and post it when I get home this evening.

We heard back from Debbie Senters and she is not available on June 19. She also says she doesn't recommend doing the pyramids and Cairo on a one-day tour. Well that's all we have and we don't know when we'll be back... So we're now talking with Nile Blue tours. I haven't seen anything negative on them and they seem open to our itinerary requests.

--Leo & Myra in AZ

We heard back from Debbie Senters and she is not available on June 19. She also says she doesn't recommend doing the pyramids and Cairo on a one-day tour. Well that's all we have and we don't know when we'll be back... So we're now talking with Nile Blue tours. I haven't seen anything negative on them and they seem open to our itinerary requests.

--Leo & Myra in AZ

We've used Nile Blue twice and LOVED THEM - so much so that we're going back again in Oct. We did an overnight off the Star in Nov and 10 days just 3 weeks ago. Hazem can certainly give you a wonderful day and I just hope he's available for your date. If you arrange it, post it on your roll call. He can arrange for groups of any size.

Seems like I'm answering all your queries!

I can't give firsthand experience of Debbie as a guide; however, I did book a half-day in Cairo through Casual Cairo tours and Debbie was the person who arranged it and recommended an associate. I have to be honest and say that while the tour was good, it wasn't terrific and I felt like I knew more than the guide about some of the sites (admittedly off the beaten track) that we saw.

Debbie was wonderfully organized about the arrangements and I think that if you had her as a guide, she would do an equally good job at that based on what I've heard from others. I just wouldn't be so keen if you can't get her personally.

I could also recommend the guide we had for our 10-day tour. He went on to do a private 2-day tour of Alexandria with one person from our group who was staying on. I have no idea what his availability is, but I can definitely vouch for him as an excellent guide. If you want his name and contact info, let me know and I will look it up and post it when I get home this evening.

Cynthia, I would love to have the name of your tour guide in Alexandria. We only have one day and I would like to have a good guide to see as much as possible.

We will be in Egypt (also only one day) and have been talking with Nile Blue Tours. They come highly recommended on both CC and TA. We just need to decide if we really want the private tour or to go on one of the ship (Azamara) tours.

Archived