Best tour packages on a budget

PIXEYLOU

:D Ernie and I are looking for some landtours when in port. We will be on the Coral Princess for the land/cruise tour from AUgust 7-18th.We are interested in whale watching, gold panning and the glacier.THe price range is so wide and we ant the best for less.

All suggestions appreciated. We will be in port at Anchorage, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan.

Thanks

Pixey

:D Ernie and I are looking for some landtours when in port. We will be on the Coral Princess for the land/cruise tour from AUgust 7-18th.We are interested in whale watching, gold panning and the glacier.THe price range is so wide and we ant the best for less.

All suggestions appreciated. We will be in port at Anchorage, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan.

Thanks

Pixey

Anchorage - rent a car and drive around town to see the sights

Juneau - ride the big blue bus to Mendenhall Glacier. It is about $6 each way. Take the tram to the top of Mt. Roberts for wonderful views ($23).

Skagway - rent a car from Avis and drive into the Yukon. Great trip!

Ketchikan - take the duck tour ($38) or walk around town and visit Dolly's house ($5) on Creek Street.

Actually, look at an independent for your whale watching out of Juneau and get a drop off/pick up at Mendenhall and take the shuttle bus $7 in the other direction.

The above coupon books are not real useful in the Inside Passage with very few offers. They can offer significant savings interior Alaska.

I agree, perhaps look at independent touring interior Alaska. With your "best for less" priority, a Princess cruisetour isn't it.

Your advice will be taken. The whale tours are too expensive. When i go to Mass. in the summer they are about 40.00 per person and you can see dozens of friendly humpbacks.Do you have a suggestion for where to 'pan' for gold?:rolleyes:

Because we are doing the 4 day landtour, I don't know how much is actually planned by Princess for us to do.guess I need to call the travel agent.

many thanks again toots.

Pixeylou:p

You should be aware that on almost all the cruise tours on the Coral, the tour at Denali is the Natural History Tour, which goes only a mile beyond where the FREE shuttle goes and for which you are paying $55 per person On one of the tours they state you will take a bus "into the park" and then they take you to the visitor center only, which is just inside the park boundary. If you are going to spend an extra $1000+ per person for the cruise tour (the bulk of which is spent in Denali), make sure you get the Tundra Wilderness Tour or book the shuttle independently in Denali.

Archived