mariner of the seas for ppl in their 20s

hey first time poster here. really enjoyed readin this forum - very helpful. headin away on my first cruise with my family in october this year. we're goin on mariner of the seas for 1 week and really lookin forward to it. me and my cousin are 22 and 23 (females) and we were wonderin if there will be many other ppl of similar age group on the cruise. we were also wondering if any1 could tell us which bars/hangouts would be the most suitable for us to meet ppl of similar age group. any help much appreciated :)

You will have plenty of people to "hang" with. Bear in mind--some may be older, but don't discount them! We had some "older" tablemates on one trip--and what a total hoot they were! Older folks know how to have a good time and when they're on vacation, they tend to 'let go"!

You'll have a great time!

hey first time poster here. really enjoyed readin this forum - very helpful. headin away on my first cruise with my family in october this year. we're goin on mariner of the seas for 1 week and really lookin forward to it. me and my cousin are 22 and 23 (females) and we were wonderin if there will be many other ppl of similar age group on the cruise. we were also wondering if any1 could tell us which bars/hangouts would be the most suitable for us to meet ppl of similar age group. any help much appreciated :)

Linda, DH and I were both in our mid-20s when we sailed her and you would be amazed at the number of folks in that age bracket that you'll find. You'll have a fantastic time, and much like CB states, don't discount the elders of the boat....you'll be very surprised by how much they drink/party/dance you under the table. :cool:

nah certainly wasnt discriminating toward the older folk - sure wudnt be goin away wit the family if that was the case. was expectin a fairly quiet holiday til i came across this forum - not rly so much anymore :) jst surprised to find out that there prob will b quite a few in the same situation

Go to the roll call for your cruise, and you may find others around your age that you can chat with before you go.;)

The Dragon's Lair nightclub has the young'uns in it. The music is a bit too hip hop/rap for my taste, but then I am an oldie in my forties.:p I could probably out-party you though....:D

That sounds great! I'm also in my 20s, and I felt quite young compared to the rest of the passengers on our last cruise. Indeed, there was virtually no nightlife whatsoever.

Hopefully, there will be more nightlife on the Mariner. :)

Archived