For those who say that NCL customer service is know for being bad

chrisbd1

I'm amused when people swear up and down that NCL's customer service is the worst "ever". I look at all the cruiseline boards, just for fun. It's interesting how some of the same complaints show up on all the cruiselines boards.

Celebrity

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=732639

HAL

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=732278

Forgot Princess

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=732652

Carnival and RCL have the same complaints about customer service.:D Thankfully the complaints on here and the other 5 boards are usually about the shore side service.

I am seeing lots of gripes about Princess and HAL as well. I have had mostly wonderful responses from customer service regardless of the line, but have had bad as well. For me, Carnival has been the worst, hands down. With NCL the few problems I have had are resolved the minute I mention supervisor and I am not sure I have ever had a real problem with Celebrity. Usually everything does work out. I am not about to let one or two bad agents influence my overall view of any business.

Nita

I'm amused when people swear up and down that NCL's customer service is the worst "ever". I look at all the cruiseline boards, just for fun. It's interesting how some of the same complaints show up on all the cruiselines boards.

Stay around here long enough and you'll notice a common thread among the "customer service stinks" threads -- they're asking for something totally unreasonable.

The folks with reasonable requests are happy with the cruise lines customer service.

Stay around here long enough and you'll notice a common thread among the "customer service stinks" threads -- they're asking for something totally unreasonable.

The folks with reasonable requests are happy with the cruise lines customer service.

Actually, we were one of the unhappy ones in the early stages of our cruise planning. We didn't ask for anything "unreasonable" either. We wanted to book a cruise with airfare between the months of May-September. That's it. Not an unreasonable request in my opinion. The first person I spoke with rudely replied, "those months can't be done from your departure city". So, I gave her another city. She said it couldn't be done through that one either. I thought it wouldn't work out with NCL but on a whim I called back the next week, talked to another VERY nice man (Michael) who booked our cruise without any problems. He had to connect me to premium air to make the airfare work, but the point is he went the extra step to get our cruise booked. He was sooooo nice! I guess what I'm saying here is that yes, some reps are going to be a bit "clueless" on some points. Maybe the first woman I spoke with didn't know premium air was an option. Maybe she just didn't care. Who knows. But the experience with the gentleman who booked my cruise and the woman from premium air was extraordinary and actually made me kind of forget that first woman with the not-so-nice demeanor. NCL has some wonderful customer service people. I'm looking forward to our vacation and can't thank that nice man enough for getting it all done for us!:)

Actually, we were one of the unhappy ones in the early stages of our cruise planning. We didn't ask for anything "unreasonable" either. We wanted to book a cruise with airfare between the months of May-September. That's it. Not an unreasonable request in my opinion. The first person I spoke with rudely replied, "those months can't be done from your departure city". So, I gave her another city. She said it couldn't be done through that one either. I thought it wouldn't work out with NCL but on a whim I called back the next week, talked to another VERY nice man (Michael) who booked our cruise without any problems. He had to connect me to premium air to make the airfare work, but the point is he went the extra step to get our cruise booked. He was sooooo nice! I guess what I'm saying here is that yes, some reps are going to be a bit "clueless" on some points. Maybe the first woman I spoke with didn't know premium air was an option. Maybe she just didn't care. Who knows. But the experience with the gentleman who booked my cruise and the woman from premium air was extraordinary and actually made me kind of forget that first woman with the not-so-nice demeanor. NCL has some wonderful customer service people. I'm looking forward to our vacation and can't thank that nice man enough for getting it all done for us!:)

she probably didn't know and didn't care, both. There are always those agents who really can not or do not want to take the time to check just a little further. I am glad it worked out for you.

Nita

Archived